Content Harry Potter

Reviews

CRose posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 9:46am for Chapter 2

The Hunt for Harry Potter will soon begin and no one will have a clue where to start looking. Heheh, this should be fun to read.

PamelaC posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 9:41am for Chapter 2

Good chapter. Delightful story and well done. I've been following 'Luna's Hubby' - your inspiration goes in a great direction. The characterisation of Ginny and the logic of the situation as she figures out the world and how to handle things are both perfectly acceptable. I like your general style and descriptions as well as your technique for filling in background using dialogue. In fact I think all your dialogue is excellent. The eggs in white aprons was a deligtful image that I haven't seen before - but you manage not to overdo such stuff.

So thanks and looking forward to more.

PS I don't think I've reviewed for you before (ungrateful lurker) but you are on my alerts for a reason.

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 8:43am for Chapter 2

oh, this is so good! It looks like the kids will decide to get married and since it is magic itself that decides the bond, there will be nothing that the weasley's or the meddling Headmaster can do about it. Loved the way you brought the goblins into things. It made a lot of sense and I look forward to how they will aid Harry as he grows... as well as how Harry will aid them when he is older. After all, the hero of the wizarding world will owe his safety and well being to the goblins... and not a nosey old man who thinks far too much of himself.

Hurry and post more soon.

Sideline posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 8:33am for Chapter 2

The premise for this story is very cool. The two kids are the perfect model of typical sweet if a little simplistic children.

I liked the way you showed Arthur's decent nature. The goblin bit was well done. The honorable way they conduct themselves was a good touch.

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 7:45am for Chapter 2

Wow. I'm so glad I decided to read this. I absolutely love it. It's brilliant that Harry and Ginny met as children and how she's hiding him. You know, I don't really care for Ginny/Harry, but I actually can see myself liking the way you write it. I can't wait for more. Cheers.

~Ivy

Treck posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 7:42am for Chapter 2

Great chapters. I don't know how I missed your first post (Ch 1) but I just read them both.

Treck

Nyeshet posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 7:40am for Chapter 2

Okay, the idea of including the goblins was brilliant. I should have remembered that - based on their ages - Bill would have recently started his job at Gringotts. Somehow I overlooked that. Once the goblins were involved the inclusion of the invisibility cloak was all but automatic. I liked the idea of the galaxy pendant that had a notice-me-not charm on it. Although not canon it is entirely within the bounds of what I might expect to be owned by an older wizarding family that has been picking up magical knick knacks for a few centuries. The rings themselves . . .

I think I like Pickrake's sense of amusement. If Harry and Ginny find out how to initiate a magically binding marriage vow the rings will certainly be necessary. Pickrake's sending of the rings gives them a rather unusual way for Harry to become family - a way that will all but shock the Wizarding world once it is discovered.

Also, nice set up with Dumbledore and Mrs. Figg. I rather thought that the wards would not pick up Harry leaving since they still exist at the end of every school year. In fact, this means that if Dumbledore were limited to the wards, he wouldn't notice Harry's vanishment for at least a year. The silver instruments working upon Harry's own feelings is even better, as it does not matter where Harry is for them to work (nor do they reveal any change in location).

With Mrs. Figg out for a couple months, that is more than enough time for Harry and Ginny to come up with the idea of becoming married so that he does not need to return to the Dursleys. As much as they already care for each other it won't be too much longer till they get the idea, I think, although finding out how to initiate a magical marriage vow might take a bit longer.

I wonder how the Weasley family clock would react (or would it react?) to Ginny becoming a Potter . . . ? I'm guessing the silver instruments work in the same way as the clock (ie: showing where the person feels they are - such as some fanfics having Harry's clock hand staying in 'Prison' when he is with the Dursleys, due to his feeling of that being what the place is like).

At present, it seems Harry has about two months grace period from discovery - so long as he does not bump into anyone. This presumes, of course, that Mrs. Figg notices Harry's absence right away, and it is entirely possible that she may not notice for several days - perhaps even a week. As I said last time, it is unlikely that the Dursleys will openly admit to Harry having run away as this might mark them as more 'different' than they wish to be viewed. Also, they likely consider Harry's vanishment from their lives an improvement. Well, except for the lack of help in doing the cleaning.

This was a wonderful chapter that still managed to surprise in a few ways. I look forward to the next chapter. ^_^

mrrlyn posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 7:26am for Chapter 2

Wonderfull story. I cajnt wait to read the next chapter...pls update soon!

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 7:09am for Chapter 2

Good chapter. I see you're going to wait until a bit later on for them to draw the obvious conclusion. :-)

Thanks for sharing this with us.

merf425 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 7:08am for Chapter 2

Contacting the goblins for help was one of the most ingenious and brilliant things I've ever read! I can't wait for more of this story. Thanks for the update. :)

Amamama posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 7:00am for Chapter 2

Oh, this is so cool. Dumbledore doesn't have a clue, as his instruments for some odd reason doesn't show where Harry is? That's so rich, and I agree fully with Pickrake. How long before the bearded man notices? Ginny's just sweet, but when will Molly start to check on her? How long will Harry be able to stay and stay unnoticed? Fascinating plot, I really look forward to see what happens next.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Berte

Lady_Gallatea_Ravenclaw posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 6:52am for Chapter 2

AWESOME CHAPTER! I loved the innocence/youth that you characterized Harry and Ginny with. It really brings out the humor of their innocent actions. ;)

Post another chapter soon, please!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 6:51am for Chapter 2

I like that the kids didn't decide to get married the instant Ginny mentioned it. The letters to the goblins were also fascinating. Love this story. More please. Excellent chapter.

riegert8 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 6:29am for Chapter 2

I like this chapter. I could understand why dumbledore feel that he has to protect Harry, I doubt that he cares for Harry at all. Dumbledore know that Harry is their last chance to get rid of Voldemort and he make sure that when the day happen Harry would still be alive. It nice that Molly is putting Ginny clothes away, it sad that Ginny room is small. That does bring up a good point, Ginny Stuffed Dragon is around 3 feet tall and I would think that would be hard to hid. It funny that Harry find where he is at and how he got there, I like that Ginny told Harry how his parents really died. It great that Harry and Ginny wrote to Goblin on if his parent's had any money, I like that he ask the Goblins for help. It great that Ginny ask her father about family. Great chapter

Sean Dillon posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 6:26am for Chapter 2

Great job with the goblins. Never hurts to help someone out when it doesn't cost you anything and you might profit from it later.

So according to Dumbledore's instruments Harry's already with his family then. So what is happening at the Dursley's?

jilumasam posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 6:01am for Chapter 2

Excellent story. Waiting very impatiently for the next chapter.

Chris McFadden posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 5:40am for Chapter 2

Goblin plotting can be very fun in the right circumstances. Especially when they have a whole lot to gain by getting an in with a prospective hero and very influential client.