Content Harry Potter

Reviews

natalie posted a comment on Tuesday 13th November 2007 7:54am for Chapter 8

this a brilliant story. harry and ginny are adorable. the build up to his discovery is great. i'm really looking forward to the next chapter. keep up the fantastic work.
cheers
natalie

Puck1 posted a comment on Tuesday 13th November 2007 6:20am for Chapter 8

Interesting story!! Harry and Ginny are in trouble now, aren't they?

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 12th November 2007 1:19am for Chapter 8

The scene where Ginny asks to build an altar is so fun. I also really liked the fact that Ron had to do her chores. Great final section with Molly and Arabella. More please. This is so much fun.

NB: you missed the w in "wretched".

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thanks for the correction.   It has been changed and you have been given credit at the bottom.

Thank you for your interest in my story.

Mike (MoA)

Seritha posted a comment on Monday 12th November 2007 12:32am for Chapter 8

That was awesome! I can't wait to see what happens now!!!

kutekess posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 11:33pm for Chapter 8

dun dun duh!

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 11:02pm for Chapter 8

Man, you really like drawing the discovery out on us, don't you? I suppose I would too if I was in your position. Other than the mean cliffhanger at the end it's a very good chapter. I like how Harry's perception of Ron is a lot different with him being on Ginny's side instead of Ron's.

I also think you do a very good job of writing the characters as children. In a lot of fics young Harry and Ginny in particular act way too grown up- more mature and intelligent than they should be. But in this story you get the sense for the most part that they're kids who aren't fully aware of the ramifications of what they're doing.

Thanks for writing!
Jay

Lincoln posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 12:40pm for Chapter 8

Oooh, that's a cliffie; sounds like everything is accumulating for a climax of Nepali proportions! I just hope Harry and Ginny get through their mini-ceremony before the adults around them descend like locusts..

It will be interesting to see how far their marriage accelerates them in their maturation and learning..

Keep it up, I'm hanging out for your next installment!

PerfesserN posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 10:56am for Chapter 8

Ah, I see a convergence here. It'll be interesting to see how the different characters react to Harry's presence/absence.
Write on, write on!
N!

brad posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 10:52am for Chapter 8

I was looking forward to 'Mrs. Ginny Potter' receiving her Hogwarts letter as the event which discloses their marriage to the world, but that's 3 years away yet? I guess you've got to bring things to a head much sooner than that; maybe even next chapter, if Molly's going to follow them into the woods!

twilightxpanic posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 10:43am for Chapter 8

AHHH. It's all coming to head now.
A few shockers coming to some aged folks in the nxt chapter.
Can't wait for the nxt update!

Hot48cricket posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 6:43am for Chapter 8

Brilliant...I was directed to this story and I am glad I was!! You are doing a wonderful job and I look forward to the next chapter. What's Dumbledore going to do? What will Molly do when she finds Ginny with Harry?

Cheers!

John Davis posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 5:46am for Chapter 8

okay this is really getting good.
are you planning to post more soon
please do I want to see what happens when Molly finds them
also the fun with Dumbledore will he have a heart attack or some other reason to go to St. Mungo's?
this story is among the best I have ever read, thanks for writing it.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 4:53am for Chapter 8

*chuckle* Ah, life is never simple for Harry, in any form. It looks like his departure from Privet Drive has been detected and it seems quite possible that Molly is going to shortly stumble on to the fact of his presence at The Burrow. I daresay the next chapter sounds very promising as all sorts of chickens,and other birds, come home to roost. I don't think Albus is going to at all appreciate the way things go an the respect, or lack of it, he gets.

Great chapter!!

Alorkin posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 2:43am for Chapter 8

A well done chapter. I 'almost' feel for Ron...NOT! He's made himself out to be an idiot and as such, he is being properly punished.

I'm surprised Sarah hasn't spoken of her new classmate. At her age, having been reared on stories of 'the-boy-who-lived' I'd think she'd want to spread the word far and wide.

The altar will soon prove to be a mistake.

Alas, as all good things, this idyll must come to an end. With the nearly simultaneous discovery of Harry's absence by Arabella, the inevitable interference from Dumblefutz and Molly's impending discovery of the bonding between Ginny and Harry, (which, I believe, cannot be undone without harm to either or both participants) we are talking about a storm that makes hurricanes look like zephyrs.

As always, I eagerly await the next chapter of 'Family Inseparable'. Alorkin

Jizzle posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 2:23am for Chapter 8

Great chapter. I'm hoping that line about Luna officiating a marriage ceremony was foreshadowing because a Luna marriage speech is something I'd be really interested in seeing.

busted posted a comment on Saturday 10th November 2007 5:24pm for Chapter 8

cliff hanger!

Thanks for the update. Im still really enjoying this story. I think it will be fun when everyone finds out about harry and ginny, but I still hope they can do a few more bondings before they get caught. Its going to be hard though now that dumbledore knows harry is not at the dursleys.

snuffles007 posted a comment on Saturday 10th November 2007 12:59pm for Chapter 8

Great chapter! I like the nice bit of suspense at the end. I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter.

pfeil posted a comment on Saturday 10th November 2007 12:50pm for Chapter 8

Yay, we're approaching the fireworks =)

Comet Moon posted a comment on Saturday 10th November 2007 12:49pm for Chapter 8

Another wonderful chapter.I'm surprised the Sarah hasn't blabbed to her parents yet.

What about the dislusionment (?) Neckless? Is that still theirs? Seems that that would kepp others from noticing them. But you haven't mentioned it lately.

Glad to see your still at it though.

Hope to see more soon. Have a great holiday season otherwise

Ja ne

Jim

Nyeshet posted a comment on Saturday 10th November 2007 12:47pm for Chapter 8

It seems like the situation is coming to a head, but there have been times before where it seemed likely to end - only for a fortuitous chance arrangement of events to prove our belief wrong. I suspect something will occur that will prevent things from being discovered for a little longer.

Having read some of the reviews, many seem to feel that Molly will see Harry, but I doubt this. I cannot see Harry wearing his invisibility cloak for his wedding, true (and pun intended), but I also cannot see him removing his galaxy pendant - especially since it no longer seems to affect Ginny. Thus, I think Molly will see her daughter speaking at an altar, but I think that she will be unable to see Harry standing next to her (due to her eyes always sliding past without noticing the boy along said path). Now, this raises an interesting consideration. The cloak only obscures sight, but we do not yet know (even in canon, if I recall correctly) whether a 'notice me not' charm will affect hearing. So perhaps she will hear Harry respond to Ginny, even if she cannot see him. On the other hand, I think she will likely be some distance away (not wishing her daughter to notice her presence), so it is possible that even if the charmed galaxy pendant does not obscure hearing, Harry might still go unheard due to sheer distance.

Either way, I do not think Molly will notice more than Ginny apparently speaking to an imaginary friend / husband. I think she might start to worry about Ginny speaking to someone not there, perhaps even seeking out her mother (Grandma Pruitt) for some advice, which could be interesting, but I do not think she will notice Harry at the altar.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Albus, on the other hand, has a far worse day on his schedule. He will be faced with a conundrum - Harry is without doubt unharmed and happy where he is - but his location is unknown. Albus will have only a vague notion as to when Harry left, no idea as to how (let alone as to where), and no idea as to who is with (or raising) Harry.

Now, this is where things get interesting. Perhaps Dumbledore will think to check to see whether Harry's vault has been accessed - he has (had?) a key, after all. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if he [Albus] was the executor of the Potter estate, considering that he was entrusted with both the Invisibility cloak and the key to Harry's trust vault. He even has a good reason to consider accessing the vault: if a wizarding family has taken in Harry, are they also attempting to take advantage of his wealth (ie: using Harry as a means of accessing - and taking - funds from the Potter vaults)? Somehow, however, I cannot see the Goblins helping Albus much - especially considering the fun Pickrake is having in helping Harry and pulling a prank on the whole wizarding world.

But what if the news of Harry's vanishment somehow leaks? I think this is perhaps an option - as I can see young Sarah Fawcett overhearing her parents speak of Harry's disappearance, only to mention having seen him in her pre-Hogwarts classes at the Lovegoods. Or perhaps (as unlikely has it sounds), Harry and Ginny will succeed in holding out for another year, and when Sarah attends (a year before Harry would have), at some point she'll mention (within hearing of a professor or perhaps even Albus), having been in the same pre-Hogwarts class as Harry Potter. I cannot imagine her - new to Hogwarts, forming new friendships, etc - not wanting to reveal a bit of this, if only for the effect of being able to say that she had already met the famous lad. I find it unlikely, but I am beginning to feel that Sarah was introduced primarily as a means of eventually leading Dumbledore to Harry. (Let's face it - he has absolutely no other means of finding him, especially if Harry never removes that galaxy pendant of his, although I suppose Fawkes might be able (willing?) to aid in finding Harry.)

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

All in all, though, I suspect that Harry will be found out this year. I don't think it will be soon, but nor do I think it will be around summer. Christmas break or perhaps the spring that follows is my guess. There are simply too many things building up.

- Charlie has a bag of galleons given to him by his sister - an amount she could not possibly have saved up on her own. While I can see him perhaps not telling his parents right away, I can see him seeking to speak to his sister at first opportunity about this - at Christmas break at the absolute latest, at which point either Charlie will be brought in on the secret, or he will tell his parents about the money (out of worry about how his sister could have gained such funds). At least if he knows of Harry he will know where the funds came from, although even then I am uncertain about whether he would tell on Ginny after having been trusted with such a secret. I think it more likely he would seek to encourage her to tell, although perhaps a talk with Grandma Pruitt could dissuade him?

- The Weasley vault will be increasing by nearly 50 Gln monthly, as one of their largest monthly expenses (land rent / tithe) is not only reversed but returned doubled - an event that will ever increasingly worry them and cause them to seek ever greater means of finding out why / how (and, with their funds ever increasing, they will certainly have money to spare for this purpose).

- Sarah will sooner or later mention Harry to her parents - likely in passing reference, I suspect. Perhaps they will then happen to mention to their friends about their daughter having met Harry, who might mention to their friends, and so forth, until it seems that Albus is hearing of Harry from half a different sources daily. Ever play telephone? I can just imagine how the story will change with every retelling, until Harry will seem to be in several places at once with numerous possible people. I look forward to Albus chasing the rumor. That could be chapter just by itself! ^_^

- Albus will be using ever more potent and precise spells, charms, etc to seek Harry. He will not do so openly, of course, as otherwise it may alert the death eaters that their favorite prey is no longer hidden under Albus' protection. If the DEs find out it will become a race to find Harry, with Harry's life in the balance if a DE finds him first. No, Albus will keep it secret, hoping to find Harry before his first year at Hogwarts. (Note that if he fails to find Harry within a year of when he [Harry] left the Dursleys, then Harry can no longer be sent to the Dursleys. The blood protections will fail if Harry spends an entire year away from them. So, if Harry can hold out until at least late next summer, he cannot be sent back even if he were not married. Of course, this makes it more enjoyable (for the reader, not for Harry) if he is found before then, as Dumbledore will be tempted to find a way to convince Harry to return to the Dursleys for at least a couple weeks to a month each year. The protections there are impressively potent, after all.)

- Near misses are certain to increase. Ron will want to see what his sister has been getting up to, as will Molly (especially if she starts worrying about Ginny always speaking - and responding - to her 'imaginary' friend). Don't forget that Bill is still living at the Burrow. Perhaps he'll try some of those detection charms he has been learning for further work with Gringotts - and discover signs of Harry's presence or recent presence. And, of course, Harry will not think of everything. Sooner or later he'll forget to put something away or put it in the wrong place and others will start to notice that such events seem increasingly more common.


I look forward to the next chapter. Oh, and congratulations on the first annual anniversary of this story. As I recall, it was started last November as an attempt at novella writing (for a challenge? I cannot recall that detail). It has taken a few unexpected turns since then, but it as remained an enjoyable read - something that cannot be said of all stories that have passed their one year mark.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Wow, what a great review.   This is worth a hundred "Great Chapter!" reviews, easily.   I hope you don't mind, but we have a forum associated with Fanficauthors, where this story has a thread for discussion, and I have posted your review.   I hope it sparks some more discussion as you made some great points.   I could find no flaws in your reasoning.

Thank you for your review.   I had to make a couple of notes in my ongoing notes list at the bottom of each chapter (which I cut before posting so as not to spoil anything) so that I would not forget a couple of your points.  

Great review.   Are you an author yourself.   If you are, please forward me your link.   It seems like you would be a great one.

Mike (MoA)