Content Harry Potter

Reviews

m4rk6 posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd May 2007 12:16pm for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

My only comment so far is that your characters tend to 'sound' the same. Everyone seems to use the same pool of words, etc. They mostly seem to be clones of each other, you just change the names.

I guess I'd like to see more individuality.
I see Ron as speaking with a lot of !!!. Once in a while he'd go 'Bloody Hell!' etc. He's probably suffering from self-esteem issues so he comes across as hesitant and unsure at times.
Hermione uses big words and her ideas flow and mesh together. She can at time be lecturing and caring.
Harry uses short sentences, he wants to get his ideas out using as little words as possible.
My opinion anyway.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 16th August 2006 7:23am for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

Outstanding. Enjoyed that.

gunny

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 11:43am for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

Not a bad chapter, just not much to comment on. Carying onward...

lordblack posted a comment on Tuesday 28th March 2006 1:01pm for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

and ginny would know what Harodds is because...
- did the order rent a ministry car? I mean I doubt they just let anyone use them.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Ginny could know what Harrods was, because it is not stated in canon that she is an idiot.   Too much is often assumed that the younger wizards and witches know absolutely nothing about muggles.   Ginny could very well have some experience talking to people that have shopping experience outside of the few clothing shops available to witches in the British wizarding world.   I am still within canon on this issue because JKR has never stated that Ginny grew up locked in the cellar.   You may just be assuming that Ginny, a girl, has the interest in clothing and the knowledge of the muggle world as her brother Ron, a boy.   One example to show this false would be:   Have you ever read, in canon, where Ginny makes the same ignorant mispronunciations as Ron or Mr. Weasley?   Knowing the existance and quality of Harrods is very minor for a teenage girl, witch or not, that is growing up in England.

First, why can't it be a ministry car?   Harry has several off duty Aurors on his escort, his travel plans were arranged by the Head of the Wizengamot and the Minister himself would want to be on Harry's good side after a whole year of defamation.   This is unimportant stuff, why latch onto it?   If you don't like my story, I am not forcing you to read.

kittykatluver posted a comment on Tuesday 7th March 2006 12:16pm for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

HAHA! Harry goes shopping! (Does a jig)

Manatheron posted a comment on Tuesday 7th March 2006 10:12am for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

Excellent! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 7:48pm for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

The heartbreak of Harry pre-Hogwarts, and even in the summers while attending Hogwarts - thinking about what he must have endured makes anyone want to crush the Dursleys.

Great fun first shopping day for Harry.

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 5:20pm for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

good chapter update soon

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 2:02pm for Chapter 10: Dates and Afterdates

A most awesome addition to a fantabulous story. I hope that upon reflection, Hermione doesn't get too upset about Harry having to convince Ron to not spend too much time in QQS.

'Mione