Content Harry Potter

Reviews

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 16th August 2006 8:12am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

That was very good.

gunny

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 12:46pm for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

That is a great curse. Didn't know Percy had it in him!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 1:01am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

Love this but Brit picking again: you used "mom" for "mum" twice and Brits tend to use "politician" or "diplomat" where an American would say "statesman". Percy's prank was very funny - poor Harry!

lordblack posted a comment on Tuesday 28th March 2006 1:13pm for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

You know there are a lot of stories out there so similar to this one. you realy need something to show yours is different. Most stories go like this-

*harry's abused
*harry gets powers
*harry falls in love with ginny overnight
*harrys trained by dumbledore
*everything is goody-goody with harry and the weaslys
*somehow, miraculosly, harry defeats voldemort
*they live happily ever after.

get real.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Wow, if there are so many stories out there like this one, why are you spending so much of your energy reviewing it?   If I hated a story as much as you obviously do, I would cease to read it.   Seriously, I am not going to change my mind and erase a 130,000 word story from my hard drive because it is similar to so many others.   You know what, it is also similar to Half Blood Prince in some ways, too.   Does that make it a bad story? There is a reason so many authors have written that series of events, they fit to canon.   To come up with something truly original, you would have to ignore canon or just quit FanFiction writing all together and write an original work.   I don't want to write my own book, so I do this...FOR FUN.   I am not being paid for my time doing this, nor is any of the other writers that you have read.   Please show them some respect and not   read their stories and act like it took no work to write.   If you don't like it, or find it too cliche, don't read it.

Life's a Dance posted a comment on Saturday 25th March 2006 7:08am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

Brit picking of the moment---It's Mum, not mom. Reading a story that not properly brit picked makes me want to stop reading it. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 6:16am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

I have never read in any fic where Percy pulled a prank on anyone.

Congrats on being the first.

Now, I have to see what revenge Harry, or Harry and Ginny devise for revenge.

Aberbadger posted a comment on Friday 17th March 2006 7:34am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

I can't remember if you did this in the the latter chapter (the one with the deciding vote - I've already read it in fanfiction.net), but I reckon Gred (or was it Forge!?) should be disqualified for their prank - the one involving a certain Animagus Professor. I believe one of the criteria for the competition was that the prank couln't cause any permanent damage (psychological or otherwise)!!!!

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you for your review.   Please no spoilers that are any more detailed than you just did.   If you want to discuss anything including spoilers, you can do it at my forum.

No, he was not disqualified for psychological trauma, but I might use that in my rewrite of that scene.   The reveal, when I get to it, is due for a massive rewrite.   (no action, no plot, boring)

Mike.

AK posted a comment on Friday 17th March 2006 12:13am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

Prank War!!!!
Time to retaliate!!!
No really if you don't ill be unhappy!

Musings of Apathy replied:

No prank war.   Harry waits for the larger prank in return just so there doesn't develop a full prank war.   Still adding that explanation.

Mike.

crs_seq posted a comment on Thursday 16th March 2006 3:35pm for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

Good Chaapter.
What did you mean when ginny said that they will stand by him to the end of his destiny not the end of his life. Wouldn't this signify that they are pretending to be his friends/lovers so as to keep him sufficiently motivated to kill Voldemort
Update soon.

Musings of Apathy replied:

I can see your confusion.   She says it in the next bit of dialog.   Harry will survive and then they can have the rest of their lives together.   When Harry manages to kill Voldemort, that will be the end of his destiny.   Don't worry, there are no false friends or lovers here.  

I think that I will leave that little bit of confusing dialog, just because in real life what people say is not always perfect.   Harry understands her meaning.

ridmania posted a comment on Thursday 16th March 2006 12:45pm for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

well done

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Thursday 16th March 2006 12:12pm for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

*YIKES*! Blue balls....*literally* (because they are *frozen*)! Apparently, the prankish sense of humor comes from the Prewett (Molly) side of the family. Poor Harry!

freakyfinger posted a comment on Thursday 16th March 2006 11:37am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

Hmm . . I like it! Percy never hit me as a prankster . . .

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thanks.   I thought that this would be the extent of the Starched Weasley's pranking ability, but he managed to get a good one off.

Mike.

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Thursday 16th March 2006 10:55am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

A most ingenious chapter. Didn't think Percy had it in him ... Keep up the good work.

'Mione

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you for your review.   Perrcy is really proving himself to be a part of the family, but still himself.

Mike.

jake m posted a comment on Thursday 16th March 2006 10:22am for Chapter 12: Percy’s Prank

okay.......................................................hermoine is with ron.........harry is not with hermoine......ron is with hermoine.....but she isnt with harry...*thinking*....so harry isnt with hermoine!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!
EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Musings of Apathy replied:

What?!?!?!?

I mean it...What?

Did I make you think that this was a HHr story earlier?   I am just confused.

Please, explain.

Mike.

P.S. You can click the Forum link and go to Musings of Apathy to help me figure out what you mean.