Content Harry Potter

Reviews

noylj posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 3:07pm for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

""It is mine," said Harry. "I killed it. I harvested it. I packaged it. I stored it. It’s now in the Potter family vault, nicely protected, and the Headmaster has acknowledged that it is mine to do with as I please.""
have you read the little freemarket/capitalism story about the little red hen and her efforts to make bread?

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 17th August 2006 5:43am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

Outstanding.

gunny

Dragen posted a comment on Thursday 17th August 2006 4:51am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

Nice chapter, what can the git Snape do, but do his job right for once... and in return he'll be a jar of Basilisk Powder what would cost him ten thousand galleons for free...

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 4:43am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

I enjoyed the banter with Dumbledore McG. Her complexity makes her of my favorite characters in the books.

We've only seen Draco once since school started, but it looks like he's about to become a player. It also looks like Tonks lacks McGonegall's talent for controlling a classroom.

Harry was not trying to bribe Snape, he was offering graft. The difference was explained to me by a friend who's company has to do business in lots of corrupt countries. Bribery is paying somebody to do something other than their job (either do things beyond their authority, or neglect duties). Graft is paying somebody to actually DO their job.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 5:38am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

I wonder why Snape thought that the basilisk could count as school property? It's not exactly something they'd be proud to own alive. Good chapter.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Snape is just that kind of a selfish bastard that would do anything to deny Harry. Thank you for reviewing.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Tuesday 11th April 2006 7:09am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

I love how he stood up to Snape in this chapter. Very well-handled confrontation.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you.   I never figured that Harry would ever lay a smack down on Snape and get away with it.   Harry had to use logic or he would be in a bad place.   Snape is still the authority figure whether he deserves it or not.

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 11th April 2006 4:23am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

Oh, very good. I wondered how the students would get to the chamber without knowing about Harry's crests being transport points. I love the way Harry introduced Minerva to the chamber! Very Halloween! I love the fact that Harry has control over the Basilisk powder. It really put's Snape at a disadvantage. Harry did a great job of setting him up. I am so glad Dumbledore recommended to Harry that he keep the bulk of the Basilisk powder for himself. A really great chapter. Thanks for writing. pms

Musings of Apathy replied:

I'm glad that you thought that the Arch was convincing.

Thank you for reviewing.

Manatheron posted a comment on Tuesday 11th April 2006 1:51am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

Oooohhhh....

EXCELLENT!

I love the bribe (Sort of, that ponce shouldn't have access to that sort of ingredient) I do wonder however what gred and forge would be able to create with that particular ingredient... just a thought.

Sorry for the lack of reviews over the course of the last couple chapters, but life is interfearing with my reading...

Keep up the excellent work!

Musings of Apathy replied:

You were not logged in when you reviewed, or this would have been e-mailed back to you, but if you do manage to see it, here is your response:

Thanks for the Gred and Forge suggestion, they may just find out about the ingrediant one of these days.   To date, Harry's friends are in the dark about the Basilish Powder, if memory serves.

Thank you for reviewing.

Amamama posted a comment on Tuesday 11th April 2006 1:49am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

Oh, yes! Finally - Draco being told off severely and Severus getting a draconian message. (That was just too tempting). About time - I wonder if the messages make any impact, and if Snape manages to do just his job, the vindictive bastard.

I look forward to see how the party goes - is that when the crests will be unveiled?

To continue with what I said in the last review - I love Powerful!Harry, and your version of him is just great, because he has to learn to control his powers. He has to be careful so he doesn't tear down the whole Hoover dam (or Three Gorges) and kill not only himself, but most people abround him. Being powerful is great, but it comes with a lot of responsibility and Harry handles it wonderfully. Well done.

Thanks for sharing! As I've said before, I love this story - and I absolutely adore the frequent updates. Keep'em coming! (I guess they will last up to chapter 41?)

Berte

Musings of Apathy replied:

I do have an affection for Draco bashing (forshadows later chapters)

(See previous)

This story came to me as a response to the many stories where Harry has the power without any consequences.   He is suddenly a demigod and can do anything, but has more important things than swatting Voldemort like a fly.   For what I think is a great example of a powerful!Harry story that is well balanced with adversity and responsibility, see Bobmin's Sunset/Sunrise series.   That is truly the good example of how powerful!Harry should be done.

Thank you and yes, we are smooth sailing until after chapter 41.

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Monday 10th April 2006 9:39pm for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

Oh whatever will Severus decide? Will his intellect win out over his stuborness? Will he seek to brew potions that have not been brewed for ages, or will he seek to purposefully ruin Harry's evening? mwahahaha I look forward to the answers in the next few chapters

'Mione

Musings of Apathy replied:

I like to think that I am using a model for Snape that is not as extreem as some seen in FanFiction (or in HBP), but you will just have to read and see!

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Monday 10th April 2006 6:40pm for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

That may be the most interesting confrontation I have read in fanfiction where Harry tries to get Snape to be a proper professor.

Bribe him to do his job - brilliant!

Also, excellent Ginny-think at the top of the chapter.

freakyfinger posted a comment on Monday 10th April 2006 10:30am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

Yes! Harry gets revenge on Snape! If only opportunities like this happened more often. I think the Ball will be interesting . . .

AK posted a comment on Monday 10th April 2006 8:48am for Chapter 26: The Stage is Set

... if snape was in character he would have blown a crater in harry's head by now... :)

I like how your style improved all along the story. It's much better than the beggining

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you.   I am trying to improve, especially with my re-write.   It is nice to hear good thoughts.