Content Harry Potter

Reviews

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 17th August 2006 11:44am for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

Now that was great.

gunny

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 9:00am for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

I also liked the RPG in the room of requirement... and I have to take some point off Bill's score in the contest because he failed to keep Ginny penned up.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Seriously, who could keep Gin penned up?   Although, he should have reconsidered putting her in a room that would give her whatever she wanted.   I wonder what would have happened if she had just told the room that she wanted Harry?

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 8:55am for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

Brilliant prank. I always thought Bill was smart.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 6:46am for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

This prank is superb. The first year girl was hilarious. I don't think Bill will win though.

agent fisher posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd May 2006 7:01am for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

RPG, nice. THough i would have said, a LAW since those are the green tube ones with instructions.

Musings of Apathy replied:

I'll hav3e to trust you on that bit of knowledge.   Luckily this is fiction.   Unfortunately, I have never had the chance to fire an RPG or a LAW, so not much with the experience.

Ian Major posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd May 2006 10:43pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

Dang, nice Prank Bill, but of course, you know this means war ;)

freakyfinger posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd May 2006 5:57am for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

gotta love a good phsycological veela prank . . .

jayley posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd May 2006 5:56am for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

that was hilarious! but not a bright move on bill's part--ginny is just gonna kill him!!!!

Brad1 posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 11:41pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

loved it the first time and now for ohhh the 10th or so times keep up the fantastic writing! and hopefully you get the next 8 or so you had up on ffnt!

Hannah3 posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 9:32pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

Poor, poor Harry

Musings of Apathy replied:

Are those crocodile tears I see?

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 9:10pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

Okay . . . first, I did not like Bill's prank . . . that was highly unfair to Ginny . . . and I did notice that she didn't seem affected . . . strike two . . .

that said . . . I'm glad Harry was able to escape the girls, with little damage . . . and Ginny was able escape the room of requirement. . . ball two . . .

but the grand slam was when they were both able to excape the whole school and lock themselves up in the chamber of secrets . . .

I hope you include Bill's reaction to how the prank was circumvented in the next chapter

'Mione

Musings of Apathy replied:

I'm sorry that you disliked it.   Bill, as Ginny's brother, would have chosen to exclude Ginny from any lasting remnants of the Veela Hex, just encase it was still around.   As for their escape from the school...

Author's choice.   Expediency.

At least Hermione got her kiss in.   And proof, there is nothing romantic between Harry and Hermione (of course, I realize that this would be the clincher for certain shippers of the H/Hr variety)

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 8:57pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

This was an impressive prank, one worthy of Bill Weasley.

For a typical teenaged boy, these are not the worst things to happen, but Harry isn't typical.

Great work.

Musings of Apathy replied:

I think that most teenage boys would agree with the theory of every girl in their school being actively and agressively after their body as a good thing, but I think that the reality of the situation would turn bad for them when the crowd around them exceeded half a dozen.   Too much of a good thing is a bit distressing and can require medical treatment.

Patches posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 8:48pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

What a great prank. It also goes to show that Harry has access to escape routes that Bill is not aware of. Thank you for a great prank. I look forward to more stories like this one. pms

Tumshie posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 8:34pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

Good chapter, just one thing that has got me thinking. Many stories make reference to scary Weasley women, technically speaking Molly isn't a Weasley female, she is a Prewitt? so is the temper a Weasley thing or a Prewitt thing? I'm going to post he same question on my Yahoo group to see what it generates.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you fro reading and reviewing my story.   I am a fan of your work.

As to the Weasley women, and I will go to your group and repeat this; there has not been a true Weasley woman born in hundreds of years (or thousands).   What we refer to as Weasley women would previously be the women that the Weasley men are naturally drawn to, fiery and opinionated.   They are strong and quite incendiary.   Molly was this before Arthur picked her and I assume his father's wife to be the same.   Molly and Genetics did their part to form Ginny into the woman that she will become.

Amamama posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 7:39pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

Oh, poor male Veela! I can understand why they never leave their settlements. Bet Bill never though that his prank made it possible for Harry and Ginny to get a day together, without interference from teachers or friends. And the room of reqiurement is simply amazing. A rocket launcher, indeed. I wonder what kind of improvement Harry and Ginny will make to the room of requirement when they fix it? If it can be improved, that is.

I love the size of your chapters, I don't know if I've told you before? They're short enough to fill a decent break, yet long enough to give some action. And the frequent updates are wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you for enjoying my story and telling me about it.   I am affraid that we are coming to the end of the frequent updates.   I am currently struggling through chapter 42 and contemplating trashing a thousand words to get me back into the flow.

I, personally, can't think of any improvements that could be made to the RoR, and they will be lucky enough to be ablt to learn to recast the original, much less improving on the idea.

Jonathan posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 2:51pm for Chapter 32: Bill ’s Prank

Another excellent chapter!

Was Dumbledore implying that there wasn't a Male Veela Charm/Curse and that it was all power of suggestion? If so, what was the 'whisp of magic' Harry was releasing? Was it also just imagined, or was Harry's suggestability sending out the wisps?

Musings of Apathy replied:

No, there was the charm for the Male Veela part, it's just that there was no compulsion charm put on the girls.   What they did was completely in reaction to the male veela's influence to increase their attraction to Harry.