Content Harry Potter

Reviews

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 16th August 2006 12:53am for Chapter 3: Relearning Magic

Good chapter.

gunny

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 3:46am for Chapter 3: Relearning Magic

To the wingardium leviosa incident, all I can say is "pull! bang!!! git 'er done!"

The typical wizard income of 5000 galeons was interesting. CNN Money played with some assumptions and concluded that a galleon was approximately 5 dollars. At that conversion rate, a typical wizard makes about as much as a typical American (as of a few years ago).

I could use a few of those house-holdy spells myself. Apparently Hogwarts does not have a home-ec class?

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 27th June 2006 7:34am for Chapter 3: Relearning Magic

The gypsy comment was wonderful. Good story so far.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you.   I'm glad to have you join me with my story.   Thank you for reading and reviewing.

Mike (MoA)

lordblack posted a comment on Tuesday 28th March 2006 11:54am for Chapter 3: Relearning Magic

I'm not realy into stories where harry and dumbledore get along, but hay, I'm bored. I found a mistake! you said that the defense angainst the dark arts position got paid 5,000 galleons a year, lupin got 100,000 galleons. this amount will take about 50 years to depleat, remember wizards live alot longer than muggled, this cash will only last until lupin is 80-90 years old, hope you fix it.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you for reading my story.   I hope that you do not mind the fact that Harry and Dumbledore get along.

As far as the 100,000 galleons lasting the rest of Remus's life, I failed to mention any interest developed through investments, etc.   I usually figure that if you are spending 5% of the money gained in a lump sum, that moderate investments would allow you to never touch the principal.   Sure, if Remus stuffed it all in his mattress, it would only last 20 years, but he has learned over the years to be spend-thrift and wise with what little money he could get.

Yes, for my story, I did not explain any of this, but it didn't seem like a good place to explain interest and investments.   Suffice it to say, Remus will not have the financial problems that he has had in the past.

Sonicdale posted a comment on Thursday 23rd February 2006 12:55pm for Chapter 3: Relearning Magic

This story is shaping up well. There are some glaring punctuation and spelling mistakes, but I like the relationship of Harry and Dumbledore so far.

The visuals of a "cracked pot" had me wondering about some funny jokes - crackpot - potter - crackpotter ... :)

Good with the Chamber. Hope to see some fun stuff there.

Good work.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 12:49am for Chapter 3: Relearning Magic

Ch.3 - - Fun developments and advancements of your basic story concepts.

I love this passage:
"Harry," the Professor counseled, "just don’t forget that being a Gryffindor is about more than facing down Voldemort, you have to be brave in front of females as well."

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 9:56am for Chapter 3: Relearning Magic

Not bad. Need to have a word with your betas, though...
fifty thousand galleons for Author and Molly

...unless you really did get 50,000 galleons from the Black estate. ^_^;

Musings of Apathy replied:

I wish. Thank you for catching it. I'll change it on my harddrive and see about it on the site. Any misses by my Beta's are my own fault. It is my story.

Mike.

P.S. Fifty thousand galleons and being married to Molly Weasley. There is something to be said for a good cook and a good mother.