Content Harry Potter

Reviews

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 16th August 2006 2:33am for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

Interesting.

gunny

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 4:34am for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

And now the secret is out. I liked Harry's attitude of "I just deal with it". That's rather in character for him.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 27th June 2006 5:30pm for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

Thank you for not making Dumbledore out to be some kind of omniscent monster. This was excellent. Poor Harry!

RedPhoenix_2k3 posted a comment on Monday 20th February 2006 1:56am for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

Good story thus far. I really like the premise that started it. It's got to be difficult to relearn something like controlling your magic.

I do have a few general comments/criticisms.
1. Perhaps it's just because of the overabundance of adults around him but Harry's speech and actions seem very stilted/dry. Hopefully when he's back among his friends it will start to feel more natural.
2. I realize that it's summer but the fact that Harry is being left alone, especially given his unique circumstances, is a little unnerving. Dumbledore's willingness to let Harry free reign over the castle seems unrealistic. Wouldn't it be more believable for there to be a faculty member nearby when he is practicing, if only to ensure his safety and that of the school?
3. Too many adults, not enough friends, esp. Ginny since this is listed as H/G. ::grin:: This is just an observation since I am sure that they will be coming, hopefully soon. Nothing really to fix here yet.

Looking forward to the rest of this story.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you for the review.

1. Yes, I sometimes have a problem with dialog, but I will try to make it better.
2. Dumbledore is relying on the wards and his connection to them to protect the school and Harry. That and he is trying to trust Harry.
3. Wait and see. It will come soon.

Mike.

dwolc posted a comment on Friday 17th February 2006 10:05am for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

this is a cool story thank you

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 11:23pm for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

Uh-oh! Pissed!Harry + Pissed!Amelia + Guilt-ridden!Dumbledore = VERY bad news for both Umbridge and the Dursleys! From Dumbledore's comments, I doubt VERY seriously that Harry will be seeing a Dursley for the rest of his life. As for Umbridge, should she survive, she'll be able to write a new book: "Dancing with Dementors".

Musings of Apathy replied:

I am glad that you like the story.

My original write of this story pretty much ignors Umbridge after this, but I think that I may beef up an explanation of her fate to explain why Harry can just ignor her now. I don't want to write a vengeful Harry. Not that Umbridge will be happy with her life after the punishment.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 10:22pm for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

Justice for Umbridge is a VERY good thing. I'd say sixty hours with a blood quill writing 'Harry Potter was right," would do.

Though I haven't do it yet, and do not know if I can with my current storyline, it is most gratifying when Dumbledore finds out about how Harry was treated. I would rather he be shocked and repentant than having known and not doing anything about it.

Fine story. (By the way, why did ff.net drop you from their site?)

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you.

They said that I exceeded my rating (of 'M') with adult or explicit content.

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 5:35pm for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

great chapter, update soon

Olafr posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 11:21am for Chapter 5: Auras and Waivers

Interesting. Is it my imagination or have you boosted the importance of Harry's headache after aura reading? The revelation of Harry's abuse also seems a little different.

Overall, I maintain my opinion that this version is reading more smoothly than the first version. Well done, keep it up. :-)

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you. I have been attempting to improve the story as I smoothed out some problems. The headaches were added because I received reviews of later chapters asking why he wasn't using the Aura reading more. This also lets me put a chink in his armor and show that he is not hero perfect. And, yes a little tweeking will take place throughout the chapters as they are posted. For one, I have Beta's to point out bad language and such.

Mike.

P.S. Thanks for re-reading my story. I remember you having reviewed on FF.n.