Content Harry Potter

Reviews

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 6:15am

Ginny showed remarkable restraint in dealling with Malfoy. If I'd been on the scene, there would probably been some damage to the caves. Reductor curses are messy that way...

Damned impressive spell work on Miss Weasley's part. Hitting Malfoy 3 times (stunner, binder, and sticking spell) while in the air involved some rather rapid casting. Remind me to stay on her good side.

Draco should be turned into a mouse and given to Crookshanks. Or maybe a rat... Crookie could play with him longer that way.

I liked you having Harry dance with Ginny too. Not many fics have couples mixing, and it is one of the true pleasures of a formal dance.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 5:41am

You're setting the ferret up for something, I can tell. OK, I've read ahead and already know, but I could tell the first time that he was going to come to some sort of trouble.

Nice party you've thrown here.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 5:14am

The house elves' pep talk was a neat idea, especially the way they think of Mrs Weasley as a true hero.

Halloween is supposed to be scary, right? I wonder how many of the students will appreciate Harry's little joke.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 4:43am

I enjoyed the banter with Dumbledore McG. Her complexity makes her of my favorite characters in the books.

We've only seen Draco once since school started, but it looks like he's about to become a player. It also looks like Tonks lacks McGonegall's talent for controlling a classroom.

Harry was not trying to bribe Snape, he was offering graft. The difference was explained to me by a friend who's company has to do business in lots of corrupt countries. Bribery is paying somebody to do something other than their job (either do things beyond their authority, or neglect duties). Graft is paying somebody to actually DO their job.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 3:04am

The lakeside conversation was fun.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 2:45am

Yes, George's pranks have turned truly evil. This is the best prank yet.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 2:43am

I don't normally like reading quidditch, but this chapter was fun.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 2:37am

Decent prank on Ron's part. The various self-talks you showed us were the real laugh, though.

Boy, it took a LOT of chutzpah for Harry to just walk back to his table like that.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 2:21am

A most tasty chapter. Ron's blowup was hilarious, the date was delishious, and we get to see a bit of Head-Boy-in-All-But-Name Harry.

KenF posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 12:48am

Ah, I love it. Hermione is quite impressive if she can keep going for two hours straight. And I guess Bill and Charlie really did teach Ginny how to deliver a punch.

I'd bawl Harry out for overheating himself, but Ginny did a better job already. I liked the way you did that part.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 11:50pm

The worst part of this prank (for Harry) was probably all the attention he got as a class subject. The funniest part, for me, was the bit about roast mutton.

Fantastic letters between the brothers.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 11:21pm

Oh, and I liked the description of how D spent his morning too.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 11:20pm

I liked the idea of the tour as a way to help incoming students. Using it to show Dumbledore a lesson was a pretty good bonus, though.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 10:16pm

It seems like the main part was Ginny facing her fears. Good for her.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 9:56pm

Good advice on girls on Harry's part... I guess hanging around Hermione for so long may have rubbed off a bit.

I really liked the way that Harry tried to give Crabbe and Goyle a chance to back off. I'm not sure if it's exactly in character, but maybe Harry is growing up.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 9:24pm

The first part had arguing with myself... Ginny wouldn't possibly share... Hermione wouldn't possibly be that adventurous... This has got to be a tease... Doing THAT in the living room would almost certainly get them caught... and then, of course, it was a tease. Great windup there.

I have to agree with Lupin's advice too, for several reasons. First, revenge needs to be done right, and second, we're already scheduled for seven pranks before christmas, and that wouldn't leave much room in the story for anything else.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 9:08pm

The idea of Hermione being so angry that she resort to swearing is frightening. Good job on the girl-talk.

Oh, and I liked Harry's comment about being Hermione's girlfriend.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 8:47pm

Percy taking a longer nickname was funny.

What was the bit about shrimp? Sounds a bit like something out of the Hitchhikers' Guide.

Musings of Apathy replied:

It was from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, although, I can see where you get the Hitchhiker's Guide thing.   Hitchhiker's guide doesn't have alternate realities, though.

Thank you for reading and reviewing.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 12:46pm

That is a great curse. Didn't know Percy had it in him!

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 12:24pm

I liked Ginny's fixation on the new broom and Tonks's harassment of the pair. Cute fluffy chapter.