Content Harry Potter

Reviews

EdTheBeast posted a comment on Saturday 12th January 2019 4:37am for Chapter 1

This is a great story of a young Harry & Ginny.

John Ellery Gillingham posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 7:04am for Chapter 1

I really like this story, so I'm reading it a second time.

Mionefan posted a comment on Sunday 4th May 2008 2:19am for Chapter 1

I think I read part of this before, so I've revisited it. It's good fiction, but I'm a bit surprised that Molly didn't asked Ginny for Harry's last name

Comet Moon posted a comment on Tuesday 9th October 2007 11:03pm for Chapter 1

Hey.

I LOVE this story

Brant/Intromit had suggested it when my computer crashed and was looking ofr replacements

I can't wait for more.

Well written and discriptive.

How often do you update?

Hope to hear for you

New fan

Jim

pfeil posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 8:14am for Chapter 1

Love the idea.

One typo I spotted:
"one moment, sudden;y, he was sprawled"

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thanks.   Somehow it was already fixed offline, but not online.   Online is now fixed and you have been given credit at the bottom of the chapter.

Thank you for your interest in my story.

Mike (MoA)

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Wednesday 1st August 2007 5:44am for Chapter 1

I note in this story, as in many works of fanfic, an assumption that the decree restricting the use of magic by underaged wizards is enforced or monitored via the minor's wand, so that it can be eluded by using some other wand.

This assumption is, however, contracted in Chamber of Secrets. Harry receives an owl from the ministry about the use of magic (a levitation charm) at #4 Privet Drive, even though the charm was performed by Dobby and not by Harry (nor using Harry's wand). Instead, the ministry presumably noticed the use of magic in a household with no adult wizards.

This tends to imply that an young wizard might be able to get away with using magic if he lives in a magic-using household (like The Burrow), regardless of which wand he used.

Or perhaps it's a tracking charm on the young wizard himerself, including a small radius around the wiz. That would account for it going off when Dobby levitated the cake -- Dobby was standing right next to Harry when he did that.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 28th July 2007 10:44am for Chapter 1

Good start.

gunny

rocky_griffin_az posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 10:14am for Chapter 1

I'm Rereading the story, i like how it's coming along so far, this is actualy the fourth time i read the story and that with the fact i don't commonly reveiw lets you know that it is a aweson story i am continuing to read what's here but the only flaw i can find is there isn't enough LOL that means you need another chapter

Aberbadger posted a comment on Wednesday 20th June 2007 5:29am for Chapter 1

"She complained that the tailors has purposefully tailored it too small, only to collect more quid on top of the outrageous prices they already charged."
A quick Brit-Pick point here... In this situation, most people, using the venacular, would say " more cash", although a less common word that would be used in the same case would be "more dosh" or, or course "more money". You only actually use the word "quid" in a rough amount that has been quantified (the exception to the rule being "a few quid" - you wouldn't really say a couple of quid, or hundreds of quid). Eg, £48.35 - you could say "forty-eight quid" or "fifty quid". You would NOT say "forty-eight quid, thirty-five. £212.89; you could say "two-hundred-and-thirteen quid", "two-hundred-and-ten quid", "two hundred quid" or "a couple of hundred quid". Oh and it is always quid, NOT quids. The only exception to that rule is the phrase "quids-in" - ie, you invest with these people, and you're quids-in suggesting something is a sure-fire moneymaker...
Just a little useless info for you...
Otherwise, I LOVE this story! Email me if you need any britpick help...

Musings of Apathy replied:

I would love to have you on as a Britpicker when this goes to a beta process.   I don't know when that will happen, but if you are offering, I will add you to my beta pool.

Thank you so much for the offer.   I have not had a britpicker four more than a year now.

Mike (MoA)

Ben10 posted a comment on Sunday 3rd June 2007 11:10am for Chapter 1

Cute, though both Harry's and Ginny's skills as authors are a little too . . . impressive.

Pritty posted a comment on Thursday 11th January 2007 5:16am for Chapter 1

What a great beginning I'll just keep reading and see the rest of your story

Ian Morgan posted a comment on Tuesday 21st November 2006 4:58am for Chapter 1

this is a great start to the story
Please update soon

Nyeshet posted a comment on Monday 20th November 2006 6:59am for Chapter 1

Warning: Long Review / Story-Consideration

I've been thinking about this, and I am honestly not sure as to whether Dumbledore would return Harry to the Dursleys. Note that in canon he did not realize the extent of the neglect until Harry was attending Hogwarts - possibly not even until a few years into Harry's time at Hogwarts. He expected some neglect - in effect he expected Harry to be raised with minimum care necessary for survival (food, water, clothing, shelter, basic education [due to muggle laws], and little else). He did not expect violence (and, from the canon I note that most of this seems to come from Harry's cousin), and I do not think he expected hatred - just a lack of love.

This fanfic has a much much more violet Dursleys than in canon. Faced with this, I have difficulty seeing Dumbledore just sending Harry back. On the other hand, I *can* see Dumbledore perhaps visiting and making a few "requests" of the Dursleys, using their fear of magic and the idea of being constantly under watch (by magical means) as a way to inforce at the least the minimum Dumbledore had expected of them.

Harry, however, is unlikely to accept this. I can see him attempting apparation again, despite the laws, just to get away from the Dursleys and to Ginny (his only friend / light in his dark world). If anti-apparation wards are placed, then - if Harry is aware of them - he will attempt it at or along the path to his (muggle) school. Wards, from what we know of them, seem unable to cover such vast regions, and if the school and house are covered, I can't see the entire distance to the school also covered - at least not easily. If he is splinched then Dumbledore will not only have to deal with that but also the troubling fact that Harry seems willing to endanger his life to escape the Dursleys - especially now that he has found a way to do so. If he is not splinched then Harry will end up at the Weasleys and Dumbledore will either have to return him again (and perhaps put up wards - or, if they were put up, deal with the consideration priorly stated) or accept Harry's decision.

The problem is that Harry's only blood relatives are the Dursleys. If he is removed from them, he is effectively without guardians and therefore a ward of the government - which, for the Wizarding World, is the MoM. As canon has already shown, the current Minister is at least as influenced by the Malfoys as by Dumbledore (which is stronger is questionable at this point in time, although the Malfoys seem to have overshadowed Dumbledore even a few years from now). That would mean that the question of where Harry should be placed / raised is almost certainly to be either influenced or determined by the Malfoys - Harry's enemies.

The Weasleys have no claim to him, and considering their number of children and their nearly poverty level conditions (ie: just enough to make ends meet), they would almost certainly not be granted custody. The idea of magically binding marriage vows is really the only way he could be made a member of their family. Matthew's "Nightmares of Future's Past" story uses another means of placing Harry with the Weasleys - and that only works because 1) the Malfoys are discredited due to Draco's actions towards Harry (that endangered his life at least once), and 2) Harry had a years' worth of experience with the Weasley family and was successfully able to point out the friendships, etc he had formed with them and the ways through which they had cared for him, saved his life, looked after him, etc. As a relative stranger to their family - and especially considering his (much) younger age, I do not see that working this time.

Thus there is too much danger of removing Harry from the Dursleys, as the Malfoys will likely be determining Harry's future guardians if such is allowed. While many like to argue against Dumbledore's actions, if they really look at the situation as JKR has set it up, they will see that there truly was no other option. Granted, Dumbledore could use illegal means to remove and hide Harry, but sooner or later those would come out and discredit him - removing what little influence he has at the MoM. With a major war on the horizon and the MoM already compromised by infiltrated DEs in various departments and all but controlling the MoM, there really is no way way to remove Harry without risking his life and/or possibly any chance of victory in the war against Voldemort - in which case Harry's life is also forfeit, just a bit later instead of sooner.

I look forward to the way the current situation with Harry at the Weasleys is handled. I expect Dumbledore will be arriving in a couple days - three at most. Considering the stated inspiration of the story, I expect that either before that moment or - should Harry be returned - the next time Harry arrives (via apparation) some vows will be found and possibly exchanged.

Now *that* would be interesting - seeing Dumbledore's expression as he considers ways of salvaging the situation, only to realize that two *children* have taken magically binding wedding vows, thus possibly rendering themselves *adults* in the magical world, and almost certainly canceling out the benefit of returning Harry to the Dursleys (as it would end upon his majority, which having married he might be considered to have achieved, albeit a little earlier than expected). ^_^

Lindsay posted a comment on Sunday 19th November 2006 12:44pm for Chapter 1

What a great start to what promises to be an amazing story. There were so many great details in this chapter. I loved the way you chose to start it with the dog, foreshadowing Ginny's inner turmoil with Harry's situation and her ultimate decision to keep Harry a secret when he finally arrived. I also loved the way they corresponded with oneanother despite Mr. and Mrs. Weasleys' insistence that they couldn't. (And though I found their letters to be unusually mature for a seven and eight year old, they are both unusually bright children of course, which is what I'm choosing to attribute this to.) I also loved the scene in the shop when Harry and Ginny first met, with the drawing of dragons. I thought they both were very in character here, and throughout the story. And though in cannon I don't believe Vernon was as physically abusive as he is portrayed here, I do believe that AUs are AU for a reason, and perhaps somehow his violence was a trigger for this particular AU. (Of course there are many that believe that he is abusive to this extent in cannon--I just haven't seen the evidence to support it; but it is possible.) I feared greatly that Harry's borrowing of the caligraphy pens would be discovered, and I hope that he is able to stay with the Weasley's so that this won't happen now. I look forward to the next chapter with great anticipation! I hope that Ginny and Harry are able to conceal their secret, or when it comes out, I hope Harry is allowed to stay! Certainly Dumbledore will be involved no matter what happens when he is discovered... I'm excited to see how it all works out, no matter what happens. Once again--great job, and PLEASE update soon!!!

nuage posted a comment on Sunday 19th November 2006 9:49am for Chapter 1

Really good! They are so naive, your writing describes perfectly the way the children's minds work. Please update soon!

intromit posted a comment on Sunday 19th November 2006 12:09am for Chapter 1

Great job! I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. Dumbledore's response to Harry going missing and showing up at the Weasleys should be interesting - I don't imagine this being kept a secret for very long. Mrs. Weasley isn't going to know whether to feel proud of her daughter or throttle her! As well as Ginny finding out that he is The Harry Potter.

I laughed at Ginny's comparison to Harry as a lost dog. The logic is very apt for that age.

Again, well done.

intromit

Alorkin posted a comment on Saturday 18th November 2006 5:53am for Chapter 1

While normally a Harry/Hermione shipper, I like where you've taken this. As you've indicated, it is much like 'Luna's Hubby', and 'Fate's Debt'. Ginny's immediate concern over a stray is typical of a seven year old child. My daughter was (and still is) the same way.
Her immediate attachment to Harry is lovely, bringing back mamories of my first attraction to the cootie bearers. Her decision to gently
defy her parent's wishes, and write Harry, both opened the way to help him, and showed the independent streak she has.
The scene in the park was typical of bullies.
I know the feelings Harry has, only too well, as growing up, I was usually the target of opportunity.
Dumbles is not going to be pleased that Harry has been moved from the 'care' of his relatives, and his monitoring instruments are probably going crazy at the moment. He will most likely insist Harry must be returned to them 'for his own safety' or 'for the greater good'.
Molly, has always taken Dd's word for every thing and I cannot see anything else happening here, despite her often overbearing mothering.
I look forward to the next chapter of
'Family Inseperable' Alorkin

darthloki posted a comment on Friday 17th November 2006 9:17pm for Chapter 1

More! More, man! *anxious eyes*

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Friday 17th November 2006 6:32am for Chapter 1

Awesome story. I would like to think that Molly and Arthur wouldn't act the same way with Harry as they did with the dog, but as I realize that this is written from the perspective of 7 - 8 year olds, I can see where they would lump the same reactions into the same bowl . . . I look forward to more. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for sharing

'Mione

Faith1 posted a comment on Friday 17th November 2006 5:42am for Chapter 1

AAAWWW!!! This is amazing!