Content Harry Potter

Reviews

bookish327 posted a comment on Wednesday 30th April 2008 2:32am for Chapter 3

Okay. Well, now that I've re-read Chapter 3, I now remember that Harry didn't actually eat much during that first day he stayed hidden in Ginny's bedroom. Also, I realize that he didn't eat anything while he was still in Little Whinging on the day that he left Privet Drive. However, wouldn't it still be likely that he'd need to go to the bathroom sometime during his first day at the Burrow? I know I'm asking about a small detail in a chapter that was written a long time ago. I just wondered if there was already an explanation for this query.

Another great chapter. I enjoyed how the Lovegoods could see through magical disguises and were entranced by the Galaxy necklace. Of course, they would be the opposite of everyone else in the wizarding world. I also appreciated how calmly and politely they accepted Harry and their offer to take him to Gringott's. Ginny and Harry really need people who are "in their corner" as much as Luna, her father, and Pickrake are.

I also liked how you laid the groundwork for Ginny being a proficient caster of the Bat-Bogey Hex, because of Bill looking out for her future well-being.

I see more as I re-read this story how Pickrake really aided and abetted Harry and Ginny forming a magical bond. First, he sent them the invisibility cloak and the galaxy necklace to keep Harry out of sight, as he asked. Then, he got them thinking about Harry being Lord Potter at some point in the future, with there obviously being a Lady Potter, also. Since Ginny is the only person to have ever loved Harry and worried for his well-being (since his parents' deaths), it's natural that right now she is the only person he could ever consider marrying. Then, Pickrake mentioned the book in the Potter vault about wizard traditions and marriages, making them curious about what they could learn from this book. From there (if memory serves), they will learn about magical marriage ceremonies. Yes, Pickrake definitely helped put Harry and Ginny's bonding in motion.

Wonderful chapter.

pfeil posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd October 2007 11:39pm for Chapter 3

Found another typo: "shelf under the nightstand in cast he should wake".

Thanks again for pointing me to Fate's Debt; I've been really enjoying early bonding fics such as that one and Sovran's Meaning of One ( http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/series.php?seriesid=54 ). It doesn't have a magical bond, but you still might enjoy witowsmp's wip, Harry McGonagall ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3160475/1/ ), which reminds me in many ways of Luna's Hubby.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you very much.   I corrected the mistake online.

Thanks for the referals to the other stories.   I'm already reading both of those, thanks.   The Meaning of One certainly had me thinking about the Weasley's reactions to Harry being there.   I will be taking their reaction a different direction.

Thanks for the interest in my story.

Mike (MoA)

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 28th July 2007 11:50am for Chapter 3

Outstanding.

gunny

Pritty posted a comment on Friday 12th January 2007 3:59am for Chapter 3

Don't be upset about the NaNoWriMo it wasn't this time but maybe next year...
I'm glad you're continuing your story because I love it so far so I'm going to read the next chapter.

bye

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Wednesday 10th January 2007 5:47am for Chapter 3

I liked that you explained Luna's strangness by suggesting that the Lovegoods, as a family, are able to see things others are not.

Pickrake is a good Goblin character. He seems calculating enough but not in awe of Harry which is what a lot of authors do with Goblin characters.

Please write more this is great, thanks for writing.

Monkey

Ashley Drury posted a comment on Saturday 30th December 2006 6:31am for Chapter 3

Hi there,

I'm excited about this story, please keep up the excellent work.

Regards,

Ashley Drury

Colpinky posted a comment on Tuesday 26th December 2006 4:03am for Chapter 3

Good story. Definately one of the more interesting stories using this plot line that I've read. Keep up the good work.

Danielle posted a comment on Monday 25th December 2006 11:52am for Chapter 3

Wow great story keep it up

Pleather Boots posted a comment on Wednesday 20th December 2006 3:37pm for Chapter 3

This was great! I enjoyed it very much. I thought the comment about the meat pies was VERY odd.........until I remembered who made it, LOL.

Wergan posted a comment on Saturday 16th December 2006 10:36pm for Chapter 3

Hello, I know I'm being impatient but any chance of chapter 4 anytime soon?

spritestar posted a comment on Wednesday 13th December 2006 5:12am for Chapter 3

i'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 12th December 2006 4:21am for Chapter 3

I really like this story. I will be interested to see how you develope the Harry and Ginny relationsip. I think it is great the way they got together. Thank you so much for writing. I am also a great fan of cracked resevoire. pms

veela504 posted a comment on Monday 11th December 2006 8:24am for Chapter 3

I love it! More please! Is there any way I can receive alert notices as to when you update? Please!
Debby
veela504@yahoo.com

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thanks for the review.

Yes, you can receive E-mail notifications if you click on the link at the top of the page called Email Alerts and checking the box under my author's name for 'Harry Potter'.   While you are there, you can select any other authors to receive alerts from as well.


oldman posted a comment on Sunday 10th December 2006 6:33am for Chapter 3

I like it. A very enjoyable idea with a lot of chaos and confusion to be had. Can we assume a friendship between Pickrake and Harry and Ginny?

Please do not neglect "cracked reservoir" I have really enjoyed it and surely it can run again?

Rene Otto posted a comment on Sunday 10th December 2006 5:59am for Chapter 3

I am very happy you plan on keeping this story going. At this time I consider this one of my favorite stories and look forward to reading more.

milk posted a comment on Saturday 9th December 2006 1:55am for Chapter 3

wow; i hope you write more soon. it was really good.

azntgr01 posted a comment on Friday 8th December 2006 12:28pm for Chapter 3

Great story so far! I love Pre-Hogwarts stories. =)

Mikee posted a comment on Monday 4th December 2006 5:17am for Chapter 3

What a fun story. I am quite enjoying it. I love how you've characterized everyone. I quite enjoyed Mr. Lovegood's explanation about how it was he and Luna could see Harry and were, indeed, drawn to him when he wore the necklace.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing what happens when Mr. and Mrs. Weasley find themselves one hundred galleons richer.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens when Dumbledore finds out Harry isn't at the Dursleys.

Thank you.
~Mikee
Scooter7232@cs.com

Chris1 posted a comment on Monday 4th December 2006 12:36am for Chapter 3

Great story :) I love the interaction between Harry and Ginny. You kept their innocence perfectly.

Thanks for sharing this story with us.

Chris

koppe posted a comment on Sunday 3rd December 2006 10:30pm for Chapter 3

"Not until you are an adult or married"... "(...)book on wizarding traditions and marriages..." *snort* Talk about giving match-box to someone in a firework-storage...

Seriously, I *do* hope that they'll find a way of getting married before Harry is discovered -- and I hope they'll be discovered througly (e.g. the whole family watching them sharing a bed for a few moments)...

Please update soon,
-Koppe