Content Harry Potter

Reviews

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 10:14pm for Chapter 3

This is an excellent, excellent fic! I very much enjoy fics that start out from Harry's childhood, and this is an excellent fic you have here. All of the other fics have Harry being 'adopted', so to speak, by an adult and taken out of the Dursley household. Here you have GINNY, a girl even younger than him, responsible for Harry, which is absolutely cool. Now you keep giving hints that Harry and Ginny will marry someday, which I am totally agreeable to (I am a Harry/Ginny shipper). I hope you update this more often. I mean no offense by this but I find this fic a lot better than Cracked Reservoir.

Musings of Apathy replied:

No offense taken.   I understand.   Both stories will continue as my muse allows.

The ironic thing is that I am no longer a H/G shipper.   When I started Cracked, I was solidly in that camp, but with certain developments and stories by other fan fiction writers, I have leaned away from that camp.   This story is a result of a rabid plot bunny that took hold and started growing at the NaNo oportunity.   But, even not being a H/G shipper, I had to conceed that this story would not have worked with any other ship.

Thank you for reviewing.

Amamama posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 8:28pm for Chapter 3

Oh, this is just so good. Wonder if Harry's disappearing will be noticed by someone in the magical community? Mrs. Figg should know by now, as the police asked the neighbours about Harry, shouldn't she? And then Dumbledore will know, but will he ever manage to find Harry? Will he stay hidden in Ginny's room, or will his presence become known to the family, or at least Molly and Arthur? Somehow I doubt the rest of the kids would manage to keep their mouths shut. But M&A are bound to notice an extra 100 galleons in their vault each month.

Nice to see how Ginny came to know the Bat-Bogey hex. That's a cool big brother. And the explanation for the Lovegood's weirdness was the best, ever. It's in their blood, so they see what others don't. Way cool.

Thanks for sharing! I really look forward to see how this goes.

Cheers!
Berte

Musings of Apathy replied:

Ah, but Mrs. Figg has been away assisting her daughter after a tough birth.   When she comes back, I'm sure that someone will be helpful with the gossip.

Thanks for the review.

Sibling Creature posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 8:25pm for Chapter 3

you know, each time I reach the end of one of your chapters in this story I find myself wishing I could read on. *wry smile* I'm glad you're continuing this story, I look forward to reading what happens next. :-)

Bree Peeler posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 8:15pm for Chapter 3

So, when do the Weasleys' find Harry???

PerfesserN posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 7:53pm for Chapter 3

Excellent read; I like where I think this story is going. Thank you for a thoroughly engaging tale. It would be nice to see the Dursley's receive their comeuppance though.

Sheepstamper posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 7:33pm for Chapter 3

I just love where this is going. The thought of Harry and Ginny together at such a young age is going to cause a few raised eye-brows!!!
The bath situtaion is going to be fun....

Brad1 posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 7:07pm for Chapter 3

oh i love the way the goblins are putting bumbles plans to shit i cant wait to see what happens next keep up the awesome writing!

Gustav posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 6:21pm for Chapter 3

I just love this and the feelings that it gives me.

/G

DawnsRedemption posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 4:47pm for Chapter 3

Those rings are going to be a blast. Good on the goblin for sending them. If they use the rings to become adults the scene where the Weasleys find out will be comical.
Dear Mrs Potter we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted in Hogwarts.
<smirks at image>
Poor Mrs Weasley.

CRose posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 4:37pm for Chapter 3

The Demon Dursley's are in fine form as usual. I'm hoping that them abandoning Harry without a caring about him will set off some bad luck for them. Vernon certianly isnt' out to make any friends with his attitude.

The Weasleys are going to be searching for a reason why money is coming into their vault all of a sudden.

That bit should be interesting to read.

:P

CootiePatootie posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 4:35pm for Chapter 3

This story is just so cute, and it keeps getting better all the time!

It is quite humorous that Ron nearly caught Harry in the bath, and that now he will "just" bathe with Ginny. Too cute! Can't wait to see how that one turns out! I predict much embarrasment on Harry's part, after all he doesn't remember (probably) the care she gave him when he first arrived. Gin will have a much more pragmatic view on the whole thing, because she is the youngest sib of all those brothers!

I really like what you've done with the Lovegoods. With Hermione's insistence that Luna sees "imaginary" creatures, a situation in which that could actually happen is wonderful! Since this is AU could you pleeeeeze somehow let Luna's mom live??? :-) (makes puppy dog eyes)

Can't wait to see the results of any MAGICAL investigation - don't think they'll be fooled by bleach and mussed covers. Also looking forward to the results of the visit to the vault. AND the 100 Galleons/month in the Weasley vault!! How exciting!!! :-)

Cheers,

Cassie

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 3:27pm for Chapter 3

*laughs* Oh, man, are things going to get interesting now; especially when Dumbles finds out that he's missing. From the sound of things, the next chapter is going to be "fascinating". :D

Terry Swain posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 3:13pm for Chapter 3

Great chapter. :)

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 2:57pm for Chapter 3

Oh, I like that the Lovegoods know about Harry. And I like your explanation of why they are the only ones who see things. That was a close call that Harry had, and I have a feeling that it was a precursor to something bigger. Especially if one hundred galleons is to be given to the Weasley's once a month. That is going to be a giveaway if nothing else happens first. Cheers.

~Ivy

Kail Ceannai posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 2:56pm for Chapter 3

Thanks for the update!

You've done a nice job explaining the Lovegood's eccentricies and allowing Harry a chance to visit his vault.

Poor Molly will keel over at 100 galleons a month! I'm surprised the goblin didn't account for the muggle/wizarding exchange rate.

Bobmin356 posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 2:49pm for Chapter 3

heh.. what can I say? I am really liking this story. Keep it up.

moshpit posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 2:45pm for Chapter 3

Heh, I was pointed here from another fanfic author. I like the way you're developing the story, and the twists on old classics. The goblin angle has so much potential in it, and yet avoids all the cliches that are out there by now.

I took a look at Luna's Hubby, the inspiration for this, and I think both of you are doing a lot of interesting twists on the situation. I read Cracked Reservoir for a while, and still batch-read/catch-up when I can, but this story feels more vibrant on your part as an author. I'm not sure if that suggests you've just matured and gotten better as you go along, or if having a second story is giving you the proverbial second wind.

No matter the reason, I'm quite looking forward to where this goes next. If I might beg a boon, don't delay future chapters in this arc for the beta cycle to catch up to you -- update old chapters as the betas work their way through them, and when they catch up incorporate their skills to the newer chapters. There's nothing quite so frustrating as a really exciting and new story that goes on a long pause as chapters are re-posted. (Of course, I'm mildly guilty of long pauses myself at the moment...)

Thanks for writing and sharing.

noylj posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 2:11pm for Chapter 3

Do you realize that this is only the third chapter? Don't you feel that you are not attending to your duties in a timely manner?
Great chapter, but you really need to get the twins involved in hiding Harry.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 2:07pm for Chapter 3

Excellent story - and there seems to be quite a lot of foreshadowing of a Harry-Ginny marriage, perhaps only partially deliberate, in the relatively near future.
Loved the clay bird flying away - that could open some interesting plot lines.
thanks for very enjoyable story, and even if you did not make the 50k word goal, more than 3/5s is nothing to sniff at, particularly in regards to the high quality.
warm regards

OnegaiSilver posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 2:02pm for Chapter 3

Certainly an interesting plot, and I think I can see where it is going with the talk of marriage :) Definately wouldn't mind seeing more of this one, as quick as you can! Keep it up.