Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Nyeshet posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 12:17pm

This new chapter was a welcome surprise!

I had not considered the full implications of the Twins receiving their letters at this time - that only Ginny, Ron, and Harry will be left at the Burrow for the coming year.

I note also that in ~2 to 3 weeks Figg will finally arrive back in Surrey. It also happens to be about 2-3 weeks until the next deposit of 100 Glns. From your story I cannot recall if the rent the Weasleys pay is annual or monthly, but if it is the latter they may view it as some odd reduction in their rent (as they keep paying it - only to have 100 Glns returned shortly thereafter). If it is annual, however, then this will not be an available excuse, and their confusion will likely notably increase.

So it seems that in a bit less than a month things will get quite interesting.

If Harry manages to evade discovery over the next couple months, then I can easily see him maintaining it until after his eleventh birthday - if not until Ginny's letter arrives. Part of me rather hopes that it would last that long - as unlikely as that is - simply to 'see' the expression on Molly's face when a letter arrives for Ginevra Potter. I doubt Ginny's grandmother would allow it to go on that long, however, especially once word gets out that Harry didn't show up for his sorting and is presumed missing.

Getting back to the new chapter . . .

I liked how the pressure of needing Glns for Charlie's NEWT class allowed Arthur to accept the usage of the money despite the misgivings and uncertainties that must surely have plagued his mind for a while over whether or not to use it. It truly must have seemed a godsend. Of course, I can only wonder with glee as to what Charlie's face will be like when he opens that nice little bag of coins Ginny slipped him - only to see it full of more Galleons and Sickles than likely exist in the Weasley family vault most of the time. ^_^

Molly's and Arthur's reaction to the vault were more or less what I expected, although I expect it will be more extreme once they realize that the deposits are monthly - especially if rent is collected annually.

The new bonding was nice, although I wonder what significance - if any - Harry's inability to find that former meadow has. I still think that first bonding was special in part due to the land itself having somehow 'blest' their union (thus the glow that spread out into the land around them). Perhaps Harry and Ginny have somehow bound themselves to the land - Harry's right as its owner, Ginny's through marriage?

The signifcance of using her new name in the ritual was a nice touch, although I admit I had expected the wearing of the rings to have a similar effect - rings they seem to have possibly forgotten about. Or maybe they do not wear them as it would be too noticeable for Ginny to be wearing that ring? The fact that the ever additional bondings are making it easier for Ginny to see through concealment magic upon Harry is a nice touch. I wonder what other effects might be (unknown to them) accumulating due to their multiple bindings?

I quite liked the bit with the Twins and Ginny, but I have to admit I half expected another marriage binding to occur when I first read:

"'Do you, Ginevra Molly Weasley, take this man, Harry James Potter, to be your wedded husband, bound magically from heart to heart, till death do you part?'"

"Yes," Ginny agreed immediately.


^_^ See, you've used so many marriage bindings that we now expect even the twins to unknowingly initiate them! And a binding by an officiator is one of the few types Ginny and Harry have not had the chance to use as yet, as well! :lol:

As a final word on this chapter, I can only think that the near miss with Molly (ie: She knew that some things seemed to be in the wrong place in the kitchen, but this time didn't give it too much attention.) is a foreshadowing of things to come - ever more often near misses, things that seem just a little 'off'. I will be a bit surprised if the deception lasts even till Halloween, let alone Christmas or next year. There are just too many things set up to reveal something major this school year - Charlie's 'spending money,' additional monthly deposits into the Weasley vault of 100 Glns, fewer at the Burrow to explain near misses, Figg soon to return to Surrey, and so forth. Something big is coming, and I rather suspect it will occur either a month from the present or about the time Molly gets her first letter from Charlie after he leaves on his first field trip.

I quite look forward to the explosion of confusion and astonishment as the truth is revealed and explained. ^_^

brad posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 11:14am

Delightful story, good chapter, but mainly you've got me wondering about what's coming up, regarding the remifications of the H/G bond! For example, what happens when Harry's Hogwarts letter gets delivered to 'Harry Potter, the smallest bedroom, The Burrow, Ottery St. Catchpole'. Or will it be 'Harry Potter, Ginny Potter's bedroom'?

And how about the letter addressed to 'Ginny Potter'?!?!?!?!?!?

You have me on tenterhooks here! (Well done!?)

pfeil posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 8:14am

Love the idea.

One typo I spotted:
"one moment, sudden;y, he was sprawled"

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thanks.   Somehow it was already fixed offline, but not online.   Online is now fixed and you have been given credit at the bottom of the chapter.

Thank you for your interest in my story.

Mike (MoA)

pfeil posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 8:10am

Yay, more =)

I'm really enjoying this, as well as the similar ones you pointed out.

John Davis posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 7:40am

enjoyable story as usual
sorry to see that Ginny didn't reveal it to the twins, they could have helped in the secret and they would have enjoyed helping out
I look forward to the next update and hope it comes quickly
I look forward to Arthur and Molly learning that their landlord is married to their daughter.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 6:51am

Very good story.

gunny

impatientuser posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 5:40am

Great chapter... but when are other people going to find out?

Thanks for writing :)

Tanydwr posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 4:36am

Wonderful chapter as always.

But the place is Chelsea, not Chelsey. The latter is a derivative spelling of Chelsea used as a girl's name! At least, I think that's the way around it goes.

Lol, Tanydwr

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thanks.   I gave you credit at the end for the correction.

Thank you for your interest in my story.

Mike (MoA)

riegert8 posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 3:15am

This is a really good chapter. I like that the Weasley's find the extra money in their vault. It seem to me that it a matter of time till they find Harry, I thought that Harry been really lucky so far and at some time luck runs out.

haylared posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 2:41am

Wonderful Chapter! I am looking forward to the next update.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 2:35am

LOL at the way the kids manage to give the Weasleys all that money and Arthur went to all the trouble of finding out if it was legitimate. Good chapter. The twins are as entertaining as ever and I like the way the bonds are increasing. More please.

redquail posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 2:20am

I would like to know if Charlie is going to be the first to figure out that Harry is staying at the burrow. And how will they do to keep him quiet. This story keeps getting more and more interesting as you go along.

rune1806 posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 2:18am

i enjoyed reading your update, it is nice to read a lighthearted fun story that is so well writen.

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 1:06am

This is a rather pleasant form of slow torture, I hope you know. I was sure the Weasleys were going to figure it out once Molly found all the extra money. I guess I wasn't counting on the goblins being quite so unhelpful. Then the twins were close, but missed it completely. Oh, right, and the sack of gold the kids gave Charlie. If he ever opens that he'll be in for a hell of a shock. I'm looking forward to seeing if you put the big discovery off through the next chapter too. Thanks for writing!

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 12:35am

Ahhh, I really do like this fic. It is so...well, I don't know the right words to describe it. Peaceful maybe. Childish but in a good way. It's great to read when you just want to relax and read something that does not involve anything bad. Good work on this and I really hope you update more often.

By the way, once the twins are in Hogwarts will the time go by a little faster?

KenF posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 12:26am

The hints are starting to pile up. Maybe we can have "the discovery" soon?

I thought it would be funny if the Potters were the landlord, and there it is. My inner eye does it again.

It seems that Harry and Ginny have gotten married three times now. Don't they know that third marriages almost always fail? :D

Shayne Rich posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 12:17am

Hi, excellent chapter and a wonderful story. I love your work and look forward to more.

Thanks for sharing.

Shayne

paul randall posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 12:03am

A second brilient story that i look forward to the next chapter that you post "may your pen remain mighty and flow for many chapters"

haphazard1 posted a comment on Thursday 13th September 2007 12:02am

Another delightful chapter. I enjoyed seeing more of the twins and also of Charlie. But you are just teasing us with the money issue -- it has been found, but not the connection to Harry. Maybe the name change for Ginny will draw attention first?

Asad posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 11:57pm

A very entertaining chapter, once again. However, the time line seems a tad too slow...