Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Splunge posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 8:40pm

Actually, the dodo isn't extinct. In Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, Jo explains that what the muggles refer to as the dodo is actually a magical creature called the diricawl, which is alive and well to this day. The muggles are unaware of the diricawls ability to vanish and appear elsewhere at will (similar to phoenixes, but without the flames), and have thus concluded that they hunted the dodo into extinction. The magical community have encouraged this, as it protects the species, and teaches the muggles a valuable lesson about the indiscriminate killing of other species.

Musings of Apathy replied:

And the gold star goes to Splunge.   Good job with paying attention to your reference materials.   I hadn't seen that one.

Pleather Boots posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 7:31pm

Great chapter. One thing I noticed was "only are you a Potter ancestor" wouldn't that be descendant?

Musings of Apathy replied:

That was intended to say that the potter family tree ends with him, no others.   Sort of depressing to know for a fact that you have no realatives, distant or otherwise on your father's side.

Mike (MoA)

Brad posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 4:25pm

i loved the new chapter. it was cool to have harry find that he isnt a famous heir! keep up the awesome writing!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 3:53pm

Bill the seal (intentional pun on all the work he’d just done as a seal-breaker?) was so sweet sounding. I take it that the descendant line was a little jab at other writers who have done similarly strange things to Harry’s genealogy. I still love the prank. Great chapter. More please.

Rictor posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 1:59pm

I am curious about your wording... You said 'He was unable to find anything surprising; he didn't find that he was a descendant of all four founders or a direct descendant of the illegitimate love child of Merlin and Morganna'. Does that mean he was a descendant of all four founders and/or a direct descendant of the illegitimate love child of Merlin and Morganna and he just didn't find out, or the he wasn't but he looked just for the sake of curiousity?...On another note, love the story, hope you update more frequently.

Musings of Apathy replied:

It just means that he did not find himself to be any of those things.   He was not a descendant of all for founders.   He was not a direct descendant of the illegitimate love child of Merlin and Morganna.

It was just a small dig at other stories where he is the direct descendant of every major magic caster through history.

Thank you for reading and reviewing.

Mike (MoA)

Terry Swain posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 12:10pm

That was a great chapter. :)

Bobmin356 posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 9:52am

OK, As promised I have reread the whole thing. The chapter was pretty good. I'd like to see more of your chapters be at least this size.

Now, let's see the next chappie. :D

Musings of Apathy replied:

Picky little sucker, aren't you.   Thank you for coming back to my story after its hiatus.

The next chapter is at the betas now.   It outstrips this one by at least a thousand words, so it should make you happy, but I make no future promises.

Mikr (MoA)

Tarkas posted a comment on Sunday 2nd July 2006 6:00am

Re-reading this chapter for the I-can't remember-how-many-th time, and I still think it's great. You did miss what I thought could have been a priceless opportunity for ferret-bashing, though. Call what follows an Omake:

"Oh, and what could the great Golden Boy do to a Slytherin Lord such as myself in the great Salazar Slytherin’s own Chamber?" As Draco said this, he casually drew his wand. Nobody ever said that he was the sharpest tool in the shed.

Harry held out his right arm and a flash of light lit the Chamber and then solidified into the form of a familiar weapon, which he grabbed out of the air and held high.

"Well, I could always do what I did to the great Salazar's little pet four years ago," he said, scorn dripping from every word, "and ram the Sword of Godric Gryffindor into your gullet and up through your brain. Or I could just warn you that you will find this Chamber is protected now from all darkness and ill intent." [...]

And so on. I know, I know, I have a nasty mind, but IMO, one can never have too much Slythergit-bashing. ;-)

Musings of Apathy replied:

Love it. I do love when readers are inspired with ideas. I do have plans for Draco that will surface later.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 7:48am

Love that you actually gave us the incantation for the Bat Bogey Hex. Great final section. I can't wait for more. Fantastic story. It's been so much fun to read thus far.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 7:40am

Brit picking again: two "mommy" uses though Harry does use "mum". Let's hope they remember to get up before her brothers. Lovely chapter.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 7:34am

Pink bunny slippers? Bwahahaha. 500 calories was such a funny touch. Nice twist ending too.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 7:28am

The git or Malfoy question was very funny as was polishing your enemy’s wand. The voices were also hilarious. I agree - The Talk wins.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 7:06am

Fred's was funny but not as clever as the previous ones as it didn't cause Harry enough embarrassment, though it did lead to the delightful idea of James giving Minerva roses.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 7:00am

The false prophecy was brilliant. Ron finding the scene obscene made me laugh. Great chapters.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 6:46am

This prank is superb. The first year girl was hilarious. I don't think Bill will win though.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 6:03am

Poor Many. Great chapter. BTW, no candy corn in the UK - sorry, I like the stuff too but we just can't buy it over here. Smarties or M&Ms might be a good replacement sweet.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 5:46am

As much as I love Harry's prank on the entire school, I love the House Elves even more. Absolutely brilliant.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 5:38am

I wonder why Snape thought that the basilisk could count as school property? It's not exactly something they'd be proud to own alive. Good chapter.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Snape is just that kind of a selfish bastard that would do anything to deny Harry. Thank you for reviewing.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 5:15am

That was definitely the best prank so far. You had me nearly falling off my chair when I got to the bit about the pictures moving. Poor Harry!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 5:08am

He's really not going to be happy when he sees the paper though. Great chapter.