Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 1:05am

Ch.4 - - I have read several stories reaping the benefits of the basilisk Harry killed.

Most have Snape going down and doing the harvesting with Harry, and then being beholding to Harry. Quite often the skin becomes armor, etc.

This is novel and perfectly logical. It should be such a controlled substance that this much would be beyond valuable. Why give Snape such wealth and/or power. Harry should have it.

Grinding the whole thing is also novel and makes for a bigger quantity for these purposes.

Brilliant variation on the concept!

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 12:49am

Ch.3 - - Fun developments and advancements of your basic story concepts.

I love this passage:
"Harry," the Professor counseled, "just don’t forget that being a Gryffindor is about more than facing down Voldemort, you have to be brave in front of females as well."

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 12:24am

Ch.2 - - Very interesting development. If Harry were a bit more angsty in your fic, he would be upset that he had to 'start all over again.'

He is not angsty in this way, and this will help him advance more quickly and with less distractions of teenaged 'woe is me.'

Yours is a fascinating new concept.

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 4:58pm

great story, update soon

Hagrid posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 10:28am

Wait just a minute now! I went ter the next chapter, expectin' to find Albus in the kitchen with them Dursleys, only ter find Harry in the heads office. Now, don't get me wrong, I liked the first chapter, and the story, but I was really hopin' you were gonna let Albus tear Vernon a new one (so ter speak).

Musings of Apathy replied:

As appealing as that image is, I didn't write it. Dumbledore 'tearing them a new one' is not in store. Dumbledore, as a character is quite calm until you get him riled, in which case he is powerful and manacing but not prone to tearing into people. Now please keep reading, as...

<MINOR SPOILER!>

.~:Look away:~. (Whispers) Hermione does turn seventeen September 19th of her sixth year. (Wink)

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 9:56am

Not bad. Need to have a word with your betas, though...
fifty thousand galleons for Author and Molly

...unless you really did get 50,000 galleons from the Black estate. ^_^;

Musings of Apathy replied:

I wish. Thank you for catching it. I'll change it on my harddrive and see about it on the site. Any misses by my Beta's are my own fault. It is my story.

Mike.

P.S. Fifty thousand galleons and being married to Molly Weasley. There is something to be said for a good cook and a good mother.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Sunday 12th February 2006 11:28pm

"Chamber Cleansing" OR "How to Blackmail Severus Snape In Three Easy Steps".

With as much basilisk powder as a basilisk of THAT size would make, Harry would effectively be able to have Severus right where he wants him for *years*.

Olafr posted a comment on Sunday 12th February 2006 6:14pm

Hmm, rhe beta-ing process seems to make this story read a little more thoughtfully. Thank you very much for taking the time to improve an already-excellent story. I look ofrward to more revised chapters.

ridmania posted a comment on Sunday 12th February 2006 5:18pm

lol awesome!!!

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Sunday 12th February 2006 2:43pm

I can't say I noticed any of the edit you've made, but then it's been a while since I read the earlier chapters of this story.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm glad it's available again and encourage you to continue posting and writing it. Thanks! :-)

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 11th February 2006 5:35pm

good story. I am looking forward to where it goes. Thank you for writing.
pms

Sue posted a comment on Saturday 11th February 2006 6:41am

I am glad to see this is being posted here. I was sad to see it taken down over at that other site. Thank you for sharing.

Sue

Terry Swain posted a comment on Saturday 11th February 2006 3:28am

Great chapter.:)

Patches posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 5:58pm

Very intersting. I am looking forward to how you develope this story. I am constantly amazed byt the creative tallent in the fanfiction authors. Thank you so much for the entertainment you provide.
pms

Patches posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 5:36pm

I like it. It looks like a good beginning to a great story. Please continue if that was your intention. I look forward to more.
pms

ridmania posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 1:36pm

good stuff keep up the good work

elfguard48 posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 6:03am

Just came across your story. I like the dream scene and the fact that Dumbledor replied so quickly. I may not review every chapther but will leave one whenever possible. Sorry it interfears with the flow of the story. Love ot so far.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 1:27am

Ch.1 - - A very interesting start. Basically a teaser.

As an author I dislike it when reader say they want you to update quickly. So I won't...

I value cleverness highly, and this was very clever:

"Phoenix treats. Made from cinnamon, jalapenos and wasabi," the Headmaster said, answering the unasked question on Harry’s face. "Fawkes just loves them."

Great start!

AK posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 1:26am

Hey, so this story is posted elsewhere? ff.net maybe? looks interesting i wanted to continue reading it

Musings of Apathy replied:

Yes, It was posted at FF.n until they deleted me for exceeding my 'M' rating. Don't know how I did it, but someone must have decided that I offended them and complained, either that or a sick joke to get a bunch of stories deleted. I am on other sites, but this site will be the one to receive the re-writen/re-edited, Beta'd version...you know, "New and Improved!"

If you search for my story, you may find it more complete elsewhere, but I won't be updating elsewhere until I finish the re-do.

Asad posted a comment on Thursday 9th February 2006 8:49pm

I have been following this fic over at ff.net before it got deleted. I hope you can get it all up soon over here at ffa.net.

I just noticed one thing wrong. The chapters are sometimes too short with endings that seem to be too abrupt. I recently caught up to the latest chapter which were saved on my pc. I think they were the last 10 chapters you posted on ff.net. The plot didn't seem to progress much and the chapters seemed to end up short. If possible, can you consider combining chapters to an appropriate length at which point they cover an adequate portion of the overall plot?

Don't think of this as a flame or any such thing. This is a honest suggestion for you.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thanks for the comment. You may be right. I'll try to remember that when I get to re-writing/re-editing the later chapters. Bobmin said something like that when he reviewed on FF.n, only he advocated cutting some things.</P>
<p>
Thanks for reviewing.