Content Harry Potter

Reviews

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 11:43am

Not a bad chapter, just not much to comment on. Carying onward...

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 11:10am

About the broom crash... it looks like Ginny is already Harry's downfall :)

I also appreciated that your discussion of the morals of disposing of old Voldie avoided most of the fanfic cliches. Much better.

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 10:06am

Ah, good. You gave Harry all the miscellaneous "stuff" of a old family, but you DIDN'T give him any way-cool items, nor did you make him a Founder heir (or scion, as it were ;). I liked how you subtly poked fun at those stories that DO have some wunder-stuff in the Potter ancestral vault.

Are you going to make multi-animagus a unique trait? How will McG react when she finds out he's ready for a second (and third) form?

Love the ongoing prank. Don't want to point this out if it's already been said, but the dodo is the same as the magical diricawl. Which ISN'T extinct, per the Lexicon.

I enjoyed Bill and Hermione trying to corner Harry. Enjoyed Harry's temporarily successful efforts to divert them, too.

Musings of Apathy replied:

Lord forbid I make him a Scion.   That would just be cliche, besides, I hear that someone else is doing a story about that, something like 'Scion of Slytherin' or the sorts.   {Seriously, though, I love your story.}

As far as the vault goes, I find myself drifting away from suspension of disbelief when an author makes up TOO much fun stuff.   If some authors were to be believed, a person could buy one set of robes and never have to change them with all of the auto-resizing, auto-repairing, color-changing, style-changing, self-cleaning, hip-slimming charms that are available at Madame Malkins if you just know to ask and don't mind spending 400 galeons for your knickers.

Multi-animagus will go mostly unexplained as far as why there are not more mentioned, or even if there are more.   I will go into registration later, and what that entails, once I make it up.   How will Micky-G react?   I don't know, guess that we will just have to read it later.

Okay, the Diriclaw...why can't all readers be as ignorant as I am?   I promise not to mention anything extinct again before looking at lexicon.   Maybe Harry can be excused for not reading Fantastic Beasts and retaining every detail, but it is inexcusable for Hermione.   Perhaps she was distracted by trying to weasle the runic information from Harry.   Yeah, that sounds good.   She may have a 'How could I have been so stupid?' moment.   A bit of light reading, reviewing every magical animal in the world in fantastic beasts while she is eating her poridge or something.

Thank you for reviewing.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 6:19am

Good prank on Ron and Hermione, and the initiation sounds like sport.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 6:09am

Harry blows up a suprise birthday party (again), and a first snog. Great chapter.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 4:52am

The crests are a pretty cool idea.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 4:34am

And now the secret is out. I liked Harry's attitude of "I just deal with it". That's rather in character for him.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 4:13am

I kind of like the way that Dumbledore is pushing Harry to track down the answers himself.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 3:46am

To the wingardium leviosa incident, all I can say is "pull! bang!!! git 'er done!"

The typical wizard income of 5000 galeons was interesting. CNN Money played with some assumptions and concluded that a galleon was approximately 5 dollars. At that conversion rate, a typical wizard makes about as much as a typical American (as of a few years ago).

I could use a few of those house-holdy spells myself. Apparently Hogwarts does not have a home-ec class?

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 3:00am

I liked your clay-pot analogy for magic and the way it give different potentials for power and endurance.

KenF posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 2:46am

When I read this, I kept thinking of barbeque sauce... I'll have the Boy-Who-Lived platter with vinegar sauce and slaw, with a side of hush puppies, please :)

Sarakiel posted a comment on Thursday 20th July 2006 10:17pm

I've been following your great story for a long time now...I've seen it bounce around from site to site. And I kept on googling till i found it again. It's an intensely rewarding story and your ideas are very original and well thought out. As a fanfic writer myself (notice writer, not good enough to be author) I have to admire what you've done so far. :) Keep up the great work and I look forward to (i.e. check back every day) for new updates to this amazing story.

hpf2114 posted a comment on Thursday 20th July 2006 8:28pm

Great story. I read this on siye and found you here when you quit there. I hope that you keep going, this is to good to stop. Good luck.

oldman posted a comment on Thursday 20th July 2006 7:36am

Glad I've found your new site! Please keep it coming and I wonder if you are going to let Ginny find some extra/super magic to compliment harry's

Anaknisatanas posted a comment on Tuesday 18th July 2006 5:29am

Loved the idea of the prank Harry pulled on the Weasley brothers. I can't wait to see what happens when they get back to school and what Malfoy will try and pull. I almost have faith for Crabbe and Goyle maybe wising up to the fact that Malfoy is just using them and they would be better off with Harry, any hopes of that occuring?

Harry and Ginny are so sweet together and you can tell that they really love each other. You've done a great job building up their relationship. I also like the relationship between Albus and Harry, though it seems that they still might need to mend some fences. Will there be more of Professor Snape in the story? I've liked the small bits of him that we've seen so far.

Omeganian posted a comment on Sunday 16th July 2006 3:03am

Tell me, was the mistake about the Dodo deliberate, or is it just that you didn't read "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" entry "Diricawl"

Musings of Apathy replied:

I didn't read it.   I wanted to come up with an extinct bird and that is what came to mind.   If nothing else, I can say that it slipped their mind or they didn't know.   It's not a major point.

Thank you for reviewing.

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Sunday 16th July 2006 2:20am

A most awesome chapter! which of the brothers will figure out the prank first? Will it be Bill? I look forward to more.

Keep up the great work

'Mione

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Saturday 15th July 2006 6:48pm

Very good! I really liked the dig at other authors pre-occupation with making harry the heir of every important magical person ever!

Nice work!
Keep it up and keep updating!!

Monkey

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Saturday 15th July 2006 1:08am

Great chapter, a nice little rest from battles and they get to enjoy christmas. I really am enjoying your story and I am glad that we are getting into all of the new parts of the stroy. UPDATE soon. Keep up the great writing.

MPF

Musings of Apathy replied:

Thank you.   Right now is the struggle to write the chapters leading from here to the Gryffindor/Slytherin Quidditch match, which was one of the first chapters to be written, and has been rewritten a couple of times since then.

lily 101 posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 9:07pm

That was a wonderful chapter! I hope you have fun writing the next one!

write and keep your imagination alive!