Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Fate posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 3:50pm

Brilliant!!!
Loved the chapter, can't wait for more!!

Nyeshet posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 2:05pm

"...I would've thought that [Dumbledore] would know that Harry was gone by now, maybe due to wards around Privet Drive failing or whatever..."

That raises an interesting question. By the canon, the wards should not fail until Harry's majority - which typically means his 17th birthday. Yet being married should surely also count towards being of majority - and has in most societies (albeit not all). Perhaps because he and Ginny have not yet put on the rings the wards are still in place?

Yet even if they do put on the rings, the wards will not fail (as in set off alarms) - they will just go away. Unless Dumbledore directly checks to see if his instruments are still able to put out smoke, twirl, or however he more closely checks on them (other than just listening for an alarm) he shouldn't be aware that the wards are gone, or so I would think. So even putting on the rings will not alert him, I don't think.

Personally, I think Figg will return, after a few days take notice of Harry's disappearance and alert Dumbledore, who will then check the instruments more closely only to realise that the wards did not emit an alarm because they no longer exist to give alarm - which should quite surprise and puzzle him as Harry is not yet 17.

All in all, I'm guessing this is a couple chapters away (ie: the chapter after next), and I am quite looking forward to it - and the various other reactions. Next chapter, I'm guessing, is more to be devoted to the ramifications of their marriage and conversations with grandmother Prewitt - and probably a bit more with the Goblins (both due to Molly realising when she goes for school supplies, and possibly due to the goblins contacting Harry and Ginny due to their change in status due to their marriage). All in all, the next two chapters look to be quite promising.

Terry Swain posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 1:17pm

Great chapter. :)

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 1:11pm

*chuckle* And it looks like her Grandmother Prewett will get in on what's going on. This is developing right nicely and it's going to be a fascinating scene when things start coming to light and Dumbles finally realizes how things have changed.

haphazard1 posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 1:04pm

Another excellent chapter -- I'm really enjoying this story. The Gringotts sequences were interesting, and I really like the Lovegoods as you're writing them. Ginny hexing Ron was great, and the handfasting was very nicely done -- sweet without being too much.

Looking forward to seeing where you go next with this, and to finding out what's up with Grandmum Prewett.

IceBlades posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 12:20pm

OOH WHAT NOW! Grandmum knows too! will she help or hinder? What will happen when the handfasting mark does not wear off? We shall see, we shall see...

John Davis posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 11:48am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish this story
It just keeps getting better all the time.

Zarz posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 10:36am

Very cool! I love how they're now married, though I gather they really have no idea what that means :). I hope they'll tell Mrs. Prewett, but I wonder what she'll think. Will she make them tell Mrs. Weasley? Ginny might want to anyway, now that Harry's family, and thus he can't be turned away. I also wonder if the handfasting will give them any sort of a magical connection. Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to a new update, hopefully sooner than a month away this time. I know that Nov. is over, but I can't wait to read more of this story anyway, as soon as possible! It's great!

No Idea Why I Smile posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 10:07am

wow...

i mean, jsut wow...

harry and ginny are now married, both before the age of ten...thats great...just great...

and to separate them would be highly unethical...they are husband and wife after all...:D

i cant wait to see what Ginny writes to her grandmum...should be interesting...would her grandmum tell Molly...more than likely...but who knows....

this should be interesting...interesting indeed...i cant wait for the next chapter, so i truly hope you are writing as fast as humanly possible...

and i really cant wait to see peoples reactions to Harry and Ginny being married....

and I especially want to see what Dumbledore does...i wouldve thought that he would know that Harry was gone by now, maybe due to wards around Privet Drive failing or whatever...

and if he doesnt know, thats just not cool...cause harry had been gone for quite some time, and it just shows that good ol' dumbledore didnt really watch out for him...

but i dont know...i just...im looking forward to peoples reactions...really and truly i am...

i hope that you will update soon...i love it...

~*NIWIS*~

Prince Charon posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 9:45am

Nice. You're very good at this.

Thank you for the update.

More soon, please.

wraithwolfe posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 9:43am

A very interesting story. I look forward to reading the rest.

ThunderGod posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 9:25am

woohoo...yay a great chapter...and a cliffie...grrrr

nice tats and I see something special with that vine....

ThunderGod

mddk98 posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 9:14am

I was so happy to see that you update i did a little happy danece. can't wait to find out what happens when everyone finds out Ginny is married

Nyeshet posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 8:49am

[Warning: long review!]

I'm glad to see you have returned to working on this wonderful fanfic!

The idea of the wall falling back to reveal a short corridor with the door of the vault to the side is interesting and as best I can tell original. The seal sampling Harry's blood has been done before, but not too often, so it also comes across as nearly original and certainly well thought out.

Interesting heraldric emblem on the shield of his family. I wonder, however, what type of dragon is displayed. I presume by quadrants you means something like:

|..|..|
|..|..|

Where the top left and lower right are red and the top right and lower left are white?

The bit about the next of kin - and Harry's lack of understanding - was cute.

I was a little surprised later in the fic to realise that Harry and Ginny had taken more than one wand apiece. I presume they took one for each hand or each one that felt like it responded to them? (That is to say, Harry might have taken two for his left hand and six for his right, and Ginny may have taken a similar number?) It sounds as if they simply took all of the wands in the vault or perhaps all of the ones that looked half-way interesting, perhaps resulting in removing dozens of wands.

The books chosen were interesting. I'm guessing the Lovegoods - using the out of print book on potentially mythical creatures - will find useful information that will allow them to find such creatures? And would the book of magical law perhaps have a law that has fallen out of common usage / knowledge perhaps allowing those wed to use magic even if underage (as most now do not marry until after Hogwarts - and thus they are already of legal age)?

The clocks and jewelry taken with them - might they have other properties (such as Harry's 'notice me not' star pendant)?

Your reasoning on how the Weasleys will miss the additional gold is genius. The gold is mostly gone (due to having been taken instead of the sickles) due to school tuition and property rent / tax / tithe. (From the wording I thought at first that perhaps the lands ultimately belong to Harry - that the gold was being placed in only to be returned to the original vault when rent came due a day or so later). What little remains is in the back and in a small gutter / trench. It could be months before they notice the (gradual) increase. Hmm, no, on second thought while they will not notice gold (due to it being mostly gone) the sheer number of sickles should have them asking whether school tuition has even been deducted or not. I can see Molly - when she realises the increase (10-20 days from now, when it comes time to get school supplies) - perhaps contacting the school to make certain her sons have been accepted for the coming year. If the pendant prevents owls and basic tracking charms from finding Harry, then this query could be a clue that leads to his discovery.

The explanation for the clothing not being noticed was also well done, as I can easily see Molly accepting her daughter wanting to help with household chores and other 'grown up' things - especially if her daughter is seemingly 'playing house' with an invisible friend / husband. She will see it as her daughter simply acting / playing at being older - something common with many children Ginny's age.

The bathing / etc scene was well done - neither too detailed nor insensitive to the situation. I like how you arranged for Ginny to misunderstand her mother's reasoning for no longer bathing her and Ron together. It is the type of thing an adult may say in such a situation, and her reasoning is not at all unrealistic considering her mother's choice of wording.

Marilyn Prewett sounds to be an interesting character. I look forward to her reaction to the marriage (handfasting) of Ginny and Harry. Being from (literally) a different era - one in which arranged marriages still occurred, one in which such marriages might occurring during or even before Hogwarts - I don't see her as being too upset, surprised certain, but not all that upset. The situation is not too different from what happened in her (distant) youth, and the Potter line is probably the type of line she would have chosen for Molly back when Molly was a teenager - that is, a wholely acceptable situation - had it occurred a century or so in the past. Perhaps she will help them when they eventually break the news to Arthur and Molly.

The handfasting ceremony was cute with a couple funny / interesting lines:

"Another person?" Harry asked. "I thought we were getting married, not us and another person."

and

"Wow," Harry said.
"Yeah," Ginny answered. "Wow."
"That was..." he continued. "We got to do that again."
"Yeah," Ginny agreed. "But not today. I'm tired."

were by far my favorites. Considering the type of bond they have formed, I wonder what multiple bondings might result in. Perhaps they will use their other hands / arms next time? (Some cultures that used handfasting used the right hands / arms, while others used the left, so there is precedence for each.) In any case, I can just see them explaining to their grandmother Prewitt that they had handfasted half a dozen times alternating hands / arms. I wonder what her expression will be.

That the handfasting mark was different (a vine / flower instead of a rope) was interesting, as was the fact that the ground itself seemed to glow at the time of the ritual. I wonder if they might have reawoken a more ancient form of the rite by using a vine - especially as Ginny lives on that land and Harry owns it (if my view on the transfer of rent was right). Maybe some of the magic of the land itself now works upon / binds them and their bond.

It is just as well they forgot to put the rings on at the end. I have a feeling the rings might not actually come off all that easily once put on.

I'm guessing that sometime in September Figg will return to Privett Drive? That would mean that the Headmaster wouldn't be able to search as much as he might like once he learns, as school just starting up will take a lot of his time, I presume - perhaps giving Harry and Ginny a few more weeks together before he is discovered. Of course, if the star pendant that prevents others from noticing him also works against tracking charms and owls, then it could be far longer before Harry is noticed - although as already stated Molly's sudden awareness of the fact that her vault has a few hundred more sickles than typical after school tuition is deducted might help guide the search - especially if the goblins have not been told not to tell her of its source or the reasoning for its deposit.

In any case, I am looking forward to the next chapter and Grandmother Prewitt's response to Ginny's letter. Perhaps a visit will occur? Or maybe more common correspondence between the two - which Molly will only approve of, not realising the content of their conversations.

curalium lacrimo posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 7:43am

i absoloutly adore this fic and I really can't wait for the next chapter so please update soon!

jilumasam posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 7:35am

Excellent update! Love the Handfasting ritual. Does this mean they are now Lord and Lady Potter or do the rings have to be placed on their hands first? I love Grandma Prewett and the Lovegoods. I'm rather hoping Grandma comes down on Ginny and Harry's side...They need all the allies they can get.

Can't wait for the next update.Best wishes for the new year.

n4zhg posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 7:19am

Oh, boy. Somehow I don't believe Ginny is going to wiggle out of this one. Now the question, is Grandma going to blow the whistle, or actively help?

Kail posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 7:02am

Now, that whole vine sequence was really kinda "out there," implying to my limited intelligence that the vine used has some significane...only for the life of me I can't recognize what it was supposed to be.

Care to throw a bone to your dedicated readers?

Great chapter too, by the way. I really do like how this story is shaping up.

Musings of Apathy replied:

As an author, I value suspense.   A hand fasting is usually performe with a rope, braid or ribbon.   What would the signifigance be of using a natural, live plant?   You could discuss this with other readers over at the forums, but for an answer from me, you'll just have to wait.

Sean Dillon posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 6:57am

Very good. Well worth the wait. I'm guessing it would be difficult for Ginny to visit Grandmum Prewett and take Harry along -- be kind of hard to floo or portkey someone under an invisibility cloak and the wards around Prewett Home probably wouldn't let him through.

dstar posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 6:18am

More! More! More! More!

Please?